Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon TR24G -SBR

Feedback Score
    I use a TR-24 on an SBR. I switch between a .300 blackout for hunting and a 12.5” SBR in 5.56.

I use it because I don’t like wearing glasses to correct for my astigmatism. I currently can’t wear contacts because of a disease process. I can see pretty well, just have problems with dots, computer screens, TVs, and that sort of thing.

The dot looks like about an eight MOA cluster of grapes to me without correction. It’s better behind magnification, but the dot itself isn’t that useable for me.

Therefore, I really like the TR24 for now. I use the triangle dot and on 4x it’s approximately 1 mil tall. Zeroed at the tip of the triangle at 100, everything within about 330 yards falls within the triangle with my 12.5” 5.56 SBR. If I want to shoot to 400, I can put the bottom of the triangle over the head of an IPSC target and will land around the middle of the body. Functionally, that is beyond the practical limits of the rifle.

Yes, the scope lacks ranging features. The holdovers require you to use your brain and have a working knowledge of your rifle. But, I gain a crisp reticle, it is lightweight, and I can shade the fiber optic. It in a light mount is half the weight of my Razor 1-6x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Might sound crazy, but I’ve always wondered if that style reticle would be better upside down. If the triangle and tower were flipped, and you zero’d the tip for 300, using the whole triangle at nearer distances would be on, and fast. Its 4.2 moa tall, so using the center, you’d have a 200yd zero. And the triangle would appear just under a picnic plate tall. When it starts to take up a sizable amount of torso, you know you’re at 300, and start using the tip. Then at 400, using the tip, you hold a foot, and at 500, a yard.

This concept might work better on a KD range with silhouettes than real life, and might not work at all, for all I know. Just a thought experiment. I’ve never bought one because I figured the holdovers would suck.

Edit: like in their logo.
    I swear Ive seen a video with a reticle just like that some time ago on some antique Soviet or German scope, probably on Gun Jesus' channel. It would probably confuse my brain and take alot of range time getting used to but I don't see anything wrong with a reticle design like that.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    My German #4 one sits in the safe but I still use my carbine that has the green triangle at a local 2gun match. All the shots are under 50 but I used to use the triangle model out to 300 at a different match location.

Feedback Score
    I've had a TR24G with post for years. It's just sitting in the safe unused right now, but I keep trying to find a use for it. I think it would work well on a short 30 cal (i.e. a 300 BLK or shorty 7.62x39). I'm very tempted to stick it on a "tactical" 30-30 lever action, though.

It's an old design in today's era, but still a valid one given it's weight and optical performance.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks all for the feedback. I got my TR24 and was able to mount and run it over the weekend. I like it. Especially the size, weight and glass.

As others pointed out, the dot reticle isn’t great in terms of brightness and size but it works. I really like the green as it is clear as a bell for me in-spite of my astigmatism.

The Scalarworks 1.93 mount is fantastic. This is my first 1.93 mount. I didn’t really think there’d be much difference but there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If anyone wants a refreshed TR24 German #4, let me know… I like it, especially the amber dot, but I want something with a larger dot/triangle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12