Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Government Shutdown

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    5,308
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

    Government Shutdown

    It's heartbreaking that the millions of federal workers may be forced to take a couple days off and maybe even have the pay they will receive for that time delayed.

    Hopefully they will not mess up the servicemembers' pay, some of whom simply cannot afford it.

    Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-24-23 at 08:21.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    761
    Feedback Score
    0
    A true government shutdown would be the best thing that ever happened to this country. Unfortunately this is just political games

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,482
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm fine with it. As a recipient of Social Security (both me and my wife) I say stop those payments too. There is no so-called lockbox... the money is all gone plus $33 trillion in debt. Time for America to get a self-reliance reality check.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,550
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    A true government shutdown would be the best thing that ever happened to this country. Unfortunately this is just political games

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    This.

    /thread.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,658
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's heartbreaking that the millions of federal workers may be forced to take a couple days off and maybe even have the pay they will receive for that time delayed.

    Hopefully they will not mess up the servicemembers' pay, some of whom simply cannot afford it.

    Andy
    Uh not all Federal workers get sent home. Some will be expected to continue to work with the promise of pay down the road. So some do get a free vacation but the rest don't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    761
    Feedback Score
    0
    Then they should stay home, or work without a paycheck until they get so pissed off they revolt. It's time some people get pushed to the breaking point.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Former USA
    Posts
    3,118
    Feedback Score
    0
    What about the air traffic controllers? Will they stay home and shut down the entire airline industry? Very doubtful.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    761
    Feedback Score
    0
    Would be great if they did. We keep slapping bandaids on an arterial bleed and pretending it's fine. We know the government is corrupt and broken, and we know we'll never be able to vote our way out of this. The best chance this country has to right itself is a hard break and a hard reset.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hush; 09-24-23 at 10:01.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,263
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding is that a Continuing Resolution does nothing to address our Government Spending, the push from some in the House seems to be for a line by line accounting of all goivernment spending.
    I can't do a Continuing Resolution on my personal budget because it is wasteful and irresponcable. So why wouldn't I want my Government to account for where every dollar goes?
    Also, this does much to control out of control agencies.
    If you own the purse you own the budget and where dollars are spent, therefore you owe it to everyone to account for those dollars.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Former USA
    Posts
    3,118
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Would be great if they did. We keep slapping bandaids on an arterial bleed and pretending it's fine. We know the government is corrupt and broken, and we know we'll never be able to vote our way out of this. The best chance this country has to right itself is a hard break and a hard reset.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I think thats what will happen between now and November 2024. We see it happening already little by little and then it's going to go all at once. No doubt it will be a catastrophic event.
    Thats when they'll try to role out the CBDC.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •