Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Government Shutdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    5,308
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

    Government Shutdown

    It's heartbreaking that the millions of federal workers may be forced to take a couple days off and maybe even have the pay they will receive for that time delayed.

    Hopefully they will not mess up the servicemembers' pay, some of whom simply cannot afford it.

    Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-24-23 at 08:21.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    763
    Feedback Score
    0
    A true government shutdown would be the best thing that ever happened to this country. Unfortunately this is just political games

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,484
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm fine with it. As a recipient of Social Security (both me and my wife) I say stop those payments too. There is no so-called lockbox... the money is all gone plus $33 trillion in debt. Time for America to get a self-reliance reality check.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,001
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I'm fine with it. As a recipient of Social Security (both me and my wife) I say stop those payments too. There is no so-called lockbox... the money is all gone plus $33 trillion in debt. Time for America to get a self-reliance reality check.
    I say a big NO to that and I also say that anyone who would propose such a thing is a clown.

    It's also the best way to ensure that democrats and liberals take over all aspects of government for a long time which involves losing the 2A.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,484
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I say a big NO to that and I also say that anyone who would propose such a thing is a clown.

    It's also the best way to ensure that democrats and liberals take over all aspects of government for a long time which involves losing the 2A.
    I'm sure lots of folks suckling on the government nipple would agree with you... big NO. However, the notion that we must continue paying money from that which does not exist, heaping more and more debt upon the backs of younger generations else risk democrats taking over more aspects of government is hardly a persuasive argument.

    Those who may find it difficult to survive absent a government check should seek assistance from family, friends and church or other charitable institutions.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 09-24-23 at 15:17.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    763
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I say a big NO to that and I also say that anyone who would propose such a thing is a clown.

    It's also the best way to ensure that democrats and liberals take over all aspects of government for a long time which involves losing the 2A.
    That's always the RINO argument....we must struggle maintain the status quo otherwise the Democrats will take over and get rid of the 2A. They've ALREADY taken over. The current pro wrestling match of political parties we have is an illusion. There's only 2 real sides here US and THEM. Our rights are eroded daily. There's a massive wealth transfer occuring removing money from our pockets and filling theirs. It's time to let things get very uncomfortable for us, so we get pissed enough to make it uncomfortable for them.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SeattHELL, Soviet Socialist S***hole of Washington
    Posts
    8,329
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That's always the RINO argument....we must struggle maintain the status quo otherwise the Democrats will take over and get rid of the 2A. They've ALREADY taken over. The current pro wrestling match of political parties we have is an illusion. There's only 2 real sides here US and THEM. Our rights are eroded daily. There's a massive wealth transfer occuring removing money from our pockets and filling theirs. It's time to let things get very uncomfortable for us, so we get pissed enough to make it uncomfortable for them.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    THIS. When I was a kid being taught political strategy by the local pols alongside their own kids, we were taught that the two sides are not Left/Right but Have Power/Have Not and the way to KEEP power was to play the Have Nots against each other so they'd be too busy to turn their torches and pitchforks on US. If you gotten a TEA Partier and an Occupier to sit down and LISTEN to each other's concerns and explain their own without tossing any barbs you'd have found that the two had a lot of common beefs against the cronyist system of Big Finane, Big Gov and all the other Bigs in bed with each other trading favors.

    As I explained it on a local site:
    Precisely as the Establishment Left taught me to do when they were grooming me to be a chessmaster alongside their own children.

    The Political Compass is less a square than a diamond, like so...

    Authoritarians/Elite (Them/formerly me under their influence too)
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    Extreme Left<------------------------------>Extreme Right
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Everybody Else


    See, the game for the top is to gaslight as many of us at the bottom as they can, drive us into the other two corners and at each other's throats so we leave them alone to impose their agenda on us unresisted.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Ye best start believin' in Orwellian Dystopias, mateys... yer LIVIN' in one!--after Capt. Hector Barbossa
    Psalms 109:8, 43:1
    LIFE MEMBER - NRA & SAF; FPC MEMBER Not employed or sponsored by any manufacturer, distributor or retailer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,661
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I'm fine with it. As a recipient of Social Security (both me and my wife) I say stop those payments too. There is no so-called lockbox... the money is all gone plus $33 trillion in debt. Time for America to get a self-reliance reality check.
    Okay, but I get to withdraw my retirement funds without taxes. Oh wait, that won't work? Then f**k your idea. Common sense tells you that when the music stops and you need to find a chair that you better damned well find one. To tell me that I have been the chosen one to "take one for the team" can be shoved right up whoever's ass is proposing it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    32,704
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Same charade paraded out on the news for the clueless mongoloid public again and again. Most of the shit for brains worried about this have some handout from the gubment as their interest.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,550
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    A true government shutdown would be the best thing that ever happened to this country. Unfortunately this is just political games

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    This.

    /thread.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •