Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SIG SAUER P226 X5 LEGION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New SIG SAUER P226 X5 LEGION

Last week, I received an e-mail form SIG SAUER announcing their new P226 X5 LEGION that was available for pre-order for LEGION members only. I broke down this morning and pre-ordered mine. Now, the 8-10 week wait begins.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a sweet looking pistol. I just don't understand how there is a market for optics ready pistols that make you choose between an optic and a rear sight. A non-starter for me.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wonder if Pappabear has seen this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Want one, esp with the 1913 rail compared to the legion's normal sig rail, slightly annoyed that it would put me in open for USPSA, unless SIG's already gotten wind of a rule change ala IDPA. Aesthetically I'll wind up with one regardless.

If you watch the video at https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive-legion.html they show it with a romeo & a rear sight so hopefully it works with Trijicon etc footprints.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pretty cool, they make this gun in a 320 version as well. Sig has been known to make multiple similar guns, so Renegade can order 12 more Sigs! God knows his Sig supply is running shy. LOL

The 320 version

Not mine, but very curious show these ported or comp'd guns will shoot. Both 226 and 320. I like this gun because it has a 226 grip and I love a 226 grip.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Pretty cool, they make this gun in a 320 version as well. Sig has been known to make multiple similar guns, so Renegade can order 12 more Sigs! God knows his Sig supply is running shy. LOL

The 320 version

Not mine, but very curious show these ported or comp'd guns will shoot. Both 226 and 320. I like this gun because it has a 226 grip and I love a 226 grip.

PB
    I already have the P320 AXG LEGION. The AXG grip is fantastic. Since the P226 X5 LEGION is based on the P226 X5 (of which I also have), it will undoubtedly be a great shooter. I really like the grip on the P226 X5 Classic.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Of course you do. I would love to shoot that 226 X5, it must be a dream to shoot with all that weight.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Of course you do. I would love to shoot that 226 X5, it must be a dream to shoot with all that weight.

PB
    It is a very solid shooter with one of the sweetest triggers I have ever felt. I am looking forward to see how this new P226 X5 LEGION compares.

Feedback Score
    With a strong competition-oriented leadership at Sig, it’s amazing to me how some of these models get configured that would disqualify them from being used in competition or put them at a Significant disadvantage.

For instance, single action trigger would be great for the new USPSA division, but the comp disqualifies it and the pistol would be thrown into open division where it competes against frame-mounted optics.

Meanwhile, carrying an optic-only without a rear sight eliminated it from Timmy or duty-use for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    With a strong competition-oriented leadership at Sig, it’s amazing to me how some of these models get configured that would disqualify them from being used in competition or put them at a Significant disadvantage.

For instance, single action trigger would be great for the new USPSA division, but the comp disqualifies it and the pistol would be thrown into open division where it competes against frame-mounted optics.

Meanwhile, carrying an optic-only without a rear sight eliminated it from Timmy or duty-use for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Officially, SIG does not say it is a compensator, but rather a slide-integrated expansion chamber. That may be how this pistol may get around some of the rules in some classes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast