Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 221

Thread: Pit Bull Attack

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    5,158
    Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    {Insert race here} are similar to "tamed" wild animals… they can never be trusted.
    And defending a [insert race here] that (unprovoked) mauled and permanently disfigured someone, especially a kid, is just sick.

    Swapping two words of your post and it has the same message.
    Is this true of your beliefs?
    If not, you need to rethink everything you posted in this thred.

    It can't be both ways.
    Boy, I’ve seen some ignorant posts on here but this one takes the cake.


    Pit Bulls are born and bred to injure kill and maim. When they do it, it should be no surprise. They’re monsters who should be exterminated.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,777
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I find it a little weird that as pro gun owners, we fight for our rights as pro gunners primarily due to ignorance and false, untrue claims, yet some of us turn around and do the same exact thing on another subject. Humans will human I guess.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    I won't bite, but it sure is tempting....

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,483
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I don't own a pit, but I have friends who do and have met many. My American Bulldog gets misidentified as a pit all the time though. Most people are ignorant and fear what they don't know, guns are a great example. For the most part, they are great, loving dogs. Most people that don't like them, have never really known/owned one. Are they the best choice for everyone? Absolutely not, wherein lies a lot of the problem.

    Among all the hobbies to have, why choose guns? It's just "safer" to choose a different hobby with all the endless hobbies to choose from.
    Agree that for the most part dogs can be loving. On the other hand, most dogs don't have a history of being bred and used for tenacious fighting and have a reputation for same, including overrepresented in tragedies. So... unless those are the type qualities in a dog that a person wants, why would someone choose a Pitt Bull? So far all I have heard is Pitt Bulls are a popular choice among the irresponsible and poor.

    Why are guns one of my hobbies? I'd say an indulgent grandmother probably had something to do with it. Grandma loved giving her grandson toy and bb guns. As an adult, I choose certain firearms over others for particular reasons, such as small and light for pocket carry. Why choose a Pitt Bull over other dogs if not for the aforementioned qualities?

    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-30-23 at 06:07.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    178
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    {Insert race here} are similar to "tamed" wild animals… they can never be trusted.
    And defending a [insert race here] that (unprovoked) mauled and permanently disfigured someone, especially a kid, is just sick.

    Swapping two words of your post and it has the same message.
    Is this true of your beliefs?
    If not, you need to rethink everything you posted in this thred.
    It can't be both ways.
    Your post is so nuts, I won’t waste my time.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    702
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Comparing an animal to a person and determining a person is a racist is a loooong stretch. There's no moral equivalency there. FWIW I grew up with Pitts as family pets and never had a problem.

    After 33 years of law enforcement I'll never own one. I could tell you numerous stories about fluffy the family pitt turning for no apparant reason. I had a deputy shoot two pitts one afternnoon 2 years ago and the media and social media circus started. FB, local news outlets calling etc. I was able to look at the video and decided to release it right then. I never heard another peep from anyone other than thanks for the deputy. It was that gruesome. I won't try to convince anyone as we're all adults and can decide for ourselves.
    I'm not trying to call someone a racist, I'm saying calling one breed of dog is no different than picking one race of people.

    As to moral equivalency, have you never arrested someone with no morals?

    Recently kids were beheaded and raped over seas. People were gunned down at a couple public venues in Maine. Everyday in metro areas people are killed or maimed. Ms13 beheads those that are rivals. I could go on but I'm pointing out that all races have bad people (so as to not offend anyone). Why is it horrible to call out any of those races but it's OK to do so with a breed of dog that on a numbers basis kills no more people than the above mentioned people?
    Last edited by .45fan; 12-01-23 at 11:50.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    702
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Your post is so nuts, I won’t waste my time.
    No it isn't nuts, it can't be both ways.

    Someone said "dogs have brains and free will" in post 106 above. Guess what, so do the rapist, murderers, etc of every race.
    It's the same thing whether you want to admit it is not, you can't hate on one and not the other.


    Translation, the hundreds of folks killed by the millions of dogs you're complaining about is just as bad as saying XYZ race is horrible because it had maimed/killed hundreds of people. I'm sure if you researched, one race kills more than others (and I couldn't care anyless which one it is).

    There are bad in all things, that is just life.

    Spend 5 minutes reading this.
    https://pawsomeadvice.com/dog/pit-bull-statistics/

    That is the first of many similar articles, if you don't like that site there are plenty more showing the same thing.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    178
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    No it isn't nuts, it can't be both ways.

    Someone said "dogs have brains and free will" in post 106 above. Guess what, so do the rapist, murderers, etc of every race.
    It's the same thing whether you want to admit it is not, you can't hate on one and not the other.


    Translation, the hundreds of folks killed by the millions of dogs you're complaining about is just as bad as saying XYZ race is horrible because it had maimed/killed hundreds of people. I'm sure if you researched, one race kills more than others (and I couldn't care anyless which one it is).

    There are bad in all things, that is just life.

    Spend 5 minutes reading this.
    https://pawsomeadvice.com/dog/pit-bull-statistics/

    That is the first of many similar articles, if you don't like that site there are plenty more showing the same thing.
    Sounds to me like you are telling on yourself.
    I won't spend five minutes on you.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    702
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Sounds to me like you are telling on yourself.
    I won't spend five minutes on you.
    Again nice try.

    We are supposed to agree the links you post are gold but others are trash?
    Last edited by .45fan; 12-01-23 at 12:19.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,483
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I'm not trying to call someone a racist, I'm saying calling one breed of dog is no different than picking one race of people.

    As to moral equivalency, have you never arrested someone with no morals?

    Recently kids were beheaded and raped over seas. People were gunned down at a couple public venues in Maine. Everyday in metro areas people are killed or maimed. Ms13 beheads those that are rivals. I could go on but I'm pointing out that all races have bad people (so as to not offend anyone). Why is it horrible to call out any of those races but it's OK to do so with a breed of dog that on a numbers basis kills no more people than the above mentioned people?
    Many dogs have specific bred-in behaviors.

    As an example, I earlier mentioned my neighbor's Border Collie. The Border Collie is considered a herding dog because it has a long history of being bred and used for herding. My neighbor didn't teach his Border Collie to herd nor has the dog ever been exposed to such, but the damn thing tries to herd everything. It's in the dog's DNA. Now that doesn't mean every Border Collie will be a natural herder, but on par they will be more likely than other dogs. Applying the Pit Bull apologist argument: The Border Collie is no more likely to herd than any other dog, it's all about the owner = False.

    As far as humans... I'm unaware of any race born with more of a tendency to behead in their genetic makeup than other races. The case can be made that people are influenced or otherwise taught such behavior, but no race comes out of the womb as preprogrammed beheaders that I am aware of. You?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 12-01-23 at 14:38.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •