Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Attack

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    This is what I "get"Ö
    During the years I mentioned, the following capable and powerful dogs, ALL ADDED TOGETHER, killed less than half the people than Pit Bulls did: rottweiler, german shepherd, presa canario, hybrid wolfdog, siberian husky, akita, boxer, chow chow, mastiff, doberman and cane corso.
    Youíll have more success convincing me Jeffrey Dahmer was a nice guy.
    Not trying to convince you...just showing you that you have facts skewed. I bet you will find way more pitbulls in the hood/trailer parks than you will find all the rest of the dogs you mention combined. In other words, what is the per capita death rate. This isn't even addressing the bad breeder/puppy mill problem that cater to the lower priced pitbull buyer community.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Not sure I'd call it 'defective' but of course different breeds tend to have different behaviors and characteristics. Neighbor has a Border Collie. Nice dog but that damn thing will try to herd anything! It's in the dog's DNA.

Teaching bred-in behaviors out of a dog is a lot easier said than done. Pitt Bulls have a long history of being bred and used for tenacious fighting. And you never know when that 'switch' will flip. Seems to me that choosing a Pitt Bull for a family pet is taking on unnecessary risk and responsibility, and for what? I suppose if I lived in gangland and wanted to frighten away people or otherwise intimidate them it would be a different matter.

Life is full of choices... choose wisely.
    I get it. That is why responsible breeding is even more important in a pitbull or similar breed case. Good, responsible breeders will try and "weed" those unpredictability attributes out. Regardless, most of the problems stem from non-alpha owners. You see it on tv all the time. The dog runs the show. They become the alpha. They make and decide what the rules are. When that happens, bad things usually follow. Especially with a powerful dog.

Feedback Score
    When I was kid ya got a puppy in the parking lot at the local grocery store. Typically a parent would tell their kid to take their dog's puppies in a box to the local grocery story and get rid of them. Grab one and take it home. After mom said NO a dozen times the puppy would eventually wiggle it's way into her heart. Dad would get home, shake his head in disapproval, then lecture about responsibilities... yada yada yada. After a few days of the puppy running out to greet dad after work = done deal. Family pet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    When I was kid ya got a puppy in the parking lot at the local grocery store. Typically a parent would tell their kid to take their dog's puppies in a box to the local grocery story and get rid of them. Grab one and take it home. After mom said NO a dozen times the puppy would eventually wiggle it's way into her heart. Dad would get home, shake his head in disapproval, then lecture about responsibilities... yada yada yada. After a few days of the puppy running out to greet dad after work = done deal. Family pet.
    We should have named our dogs Kroger. So many.
    PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Glad your ok, that pit needs a dirt nap and the owners to feel some pain in the wallet....
    This^. Lawsuit and police report. Get it on record. For all you know this may not be the first incidence of this. The next time, and there will be a next time if nothing is done, it may be a little kid's face.
    Last edited by NickySantoro; 11-24-23 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have shot one dog in my 11 years in LE. A pitbull attacked it's owners in a fleabag motel room. Male lost his hand, female lost a breast and thigh was open to the bone. White pitbull was red with blood and absolutely vicious when I got there. We tried OC, Taser, but could not contain it as it ran around the exterior of the motel. Finally, it jumped at me with it's mouth open and I put it down.

I have been to hundreds of dog bites on humans or other dogs, hundreds of vicious dog calls, and guess what the MOST COMMON BREED IS......

Pit Bull.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    If you haven't lived with a pit bull or known good folks owning them, you don't have the clue you think you have about the breed.

That said, Bulletdog, when facing down an aggressive dog, should you stare them down looking straight in their eyes, or look slightly to the side? Or does it matter?
    In a situation where a strange dog comes charging at you, seemingly fully committed, yes. The idea is that you don't retreat even a little bit, but you don't advance either. If you run or back up, the dog sees weakness and feel emboldened to go through with the attack. If you advance, the dog takes that as a threat and moves into self defense mode. When you stand there and do neither, it calls the dog's bluff, and they don't know what to do. As they screech to a halt right in front of me, I've even said, "Your move dog..." As a student of behavior, even with all the adrenaline going at that point, it is fascinating to me to watch their eyes and their face as they decide WTF to do now, when things didn't go the way they expected. Its akin to those road rage videos when some pop-off is going all nuts and charging up to the car that is the subject of their ire, and some 6' 8" bodybuilder with a mohawk calmly gets up and out of the car. The once irate aggressor just sort of instantly deflates, and usually says something pretty stupid as he backs away from the situation.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I have been to hundreds of dog bites on humans or other dogs, hundreds of vicious dog calls, and guess what the MOST COMMON BREED IS......

Pit Bull.

Iím the OPÖÖIíve done a TON of research as part of my pending lawsuit with the morons that own the Pit Bull that bit me and tried to kill my dog. What floors me as Iíve told my story is all the Pit Bull defenders out there! Itís like Hamas!! They wonít accept reality! In round numbers Pit Bulls make up about 6 percent of the canine population in the US. Yet, conservatively, they are responsible for 65 percent of all dog attacks and well over half of all fatalities. YesÖ.I understand that these statistics include mixed Pit Bull breeds.

Iíve seen some real horrors as Iíve done this research. And Iím a firm believer now that anyone wanting to own this breed should have to carry heavy liability insurance as well as meet special training and safety requirements. Itís a dangerous dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I’m the OP……I’ve done a TON of research as part of my pending lawsuit with the morons that own the Pit Bull that bit me and tried to kill my dog. What floors me as I’ve told my story is all the Pit Bull defenders out there! It’s like Hamas!! They won’t accept reality! In round numbers Pit Bulls make up about 6 percent of the canine population in the US. Yet, conservatively, they are responsible for 65 percent of all dog attacks and well over half of all fatalities. Yes….I understand that these statistics include mixed Pit Bull breeds.

I’ve seen some real horrors as I’ve done this research. And I’m a firm believer now that anyone wanting to own this breed should have to carry heavy liability insurance as well as meet special training and safety requirements. It’s a dangerous dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been around a decent amount of dogs growing up...the only one I was partially attacked by was a pit bull.... I didn't mind them until that point as I met some friendly ones, but the breed just seems to be prone to causing havoc.

Feedback Score
    Pit Bulls are similar to "tamed" wild animals… they can never be trusted.
    And defending a dog that (unprovoked) mauled and permanently disfigured someone, especially a kid, is just sick.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast