Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt carrier inner dimensions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yep, they'll certainly take off paint. They can also mess with your skin cells, if you own one, don't stick your fingers in there while it is running.
    I need to get educated on sonic cleaners. Ever since I started running cans, well, you know what happens lol. What I need to figure out are the limitations ie what can and cannot go in there. If it were up to me Id put my 22 polymer pistol in there after every range session running suppressed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yep, they'll certainly take off paint. They can also mess with your skin cells, if you own one, don't stick your fingers in there while it is running.
    They get used to clean the flesh out of surgical instruments’ teeth.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-04-23 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We had a helicopter parts company that contacted our company because they wanted distilled water to run in their U/S cleaner(s). I never tried pure water... just tap water. I just don't feel like dragging out that worthless piece of shit again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use it to clean the baffles on my can. Pop them out and they don't come out perfect, but really good. I do not put the shroud in as it is painted.

I use mine for most of the parts you remove from an AR to clean. [BCG - Bolt - Extractor - FP - Springs - etc....] - I do not put AL into it, but understand it is safe.

I also use it for the parts I remove from my pistols when cleaning. [Barrel - Spring - Bushing - Stainless cylinders - etc.] - I do not put polymer into it, although I am pretty sure you can safely. I have done a few slides with no harm as well. Mostly the HK models with their finish. Again, no blued stuff of shiny stuff.

After they are cycled through I soak them in kerosene to get any water out of the small spaces for a short time.

All of this happens on the side while I am working on the barrel / receiver. You could serve a meal off the inside of my BCG's in most of my rifles.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-04-23 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We had a helicopter parts company that contacted our company because they wanted distilled water to run in their U/S cleaner(s). I never tried pure water... just tap water. I just don't feel like dragging out that worthless piece of shit again.
    I just use tap water, so I don't know if it would make any difference.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just use tap water, so I don't know if it would make any difference.
    Not sure what the reason for needed distilled water. U/S function or Residue on the parts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not sure what the reason for needed distilled water. U/S function or Residue on the parts.
    Based on where you live, you may have minerals in your water I don't.....I'm sure that is potentially a difference.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Based on where you live, you may have minerals in your water I don't.....I'm sure that is potentially a difference.
    DI water is a more potent solvent due to less valence electrons tied up with other atoms. Or so I’m told.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. Phoenix area water is hard. Lots of dissolved solids.

Feedback Score
    I usually add more oil, I have lots of oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12