Thread: 1x optic for airgun

Feedback Score

1x optic for airgun

Hello all,

I picked up a PCP airgun for squirrel and rabbit hunting last year, and I won the walnut lottery on the stock.

IMG_0128.JPG

I can't bring myself to take it out in the woods, so I picked up another PCP for small game and this one is going to be a target gun only. There is a weekly indoor airgun shooting league that I can use it in this winter. I am thinking about putting a 1x optic on it, since non magnified would work well for 10 meter shooting, and be a lot easier than trying to fit it for iron sights. I also can get 10 yards in my basement easily for practice.

I am looking at 1x prisms, and the ones with chevrons (Swampfox, Primary Arms) might be a good option for trying to put my point of aim on a small target.

Anyone have any thoughts of other options that could give me a fine point-of-aim/reticle with 1X magnification? This will be the opposite of a duty gun, so durability isn't a big deal.

Thanks,
    AZ

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ77 View Post
    I picked up a PCP airgun for squirrel and rabbit hunting last year, and I won the walnut lottery on the stock.
    Indeed. That looks nice.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not alot of options in the 1x power market that don't have a large dot for easy aquisition. Maybe do a Leupold 4x rimfire scope. Super light weight with decent glass. I leave the front ocular ring loose to act as a make shift parallax adjustment for closer distances as it is set for 60 yards from the factory. The PA 1x micro prism is nice and clear with a super long eye relief. Problem is you will need a dovetail to picatinny convertor to mount the prism. The point on the chevron is good for aiming small vs a dot. A reddot could work also if you eyes don't star burst or comet the reticle.

You weren't lying about that walnut. Beautiful Air Arms you have there.