Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a TAVOR-7 in 7.62NATO?

Feedback Score

Anyone have a TAVOR-7 in 7.62NATO?

A) I read IWI's website and it said it's ambi.....I thought other (older?) TAVOR's required the left-hand conversion kit? I shoot, southpaw, so.....

B) Ideally I'd like the 18" barrel model, but I can only find the 16" or 20" online.

C) I was going to buy a .308 to replace the M14 clone I recently sold to a buddy. It was either gonna be the new uber-SIG (Spear large frame in .308, can switch to 6.5C later, screw .277 Fury) or something else. I've had my eye on the TAVOR for a bit, and considering that it is roughly half the price of the SIG Spear is it a good buy (one over the other)?

As always M4C's help is appreciated.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've owned a 556 Tavor since they were initially released. Yes, you need a left bolt conversion kit for the original 556 to be wrong handed friendly. The other stuff just switches around to the other side.

I don't have the 762 version, but based on my experience with the 556 model, would have to give it a big thumbs up.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-10-23 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    I do.

I haven't changed sides with it though.

I do know the barrel comes out of the chassis easier than previous models.

I like the locking charging handle slot, (like an Mp5) and the 45 degree selector.

I think I have about 300 rds through it. No malfunctions. Haven't fired it for nice groups except when zeroing at 50 yds. 5 shot groups were about 1 1/2 inches IIRC using 40 yr old 7.62x51 from Chile and the big Isreali RDS.

Feedback Score
    I have one. 16in OD green.

The rifle is full ambidextrous. And the SAME bolt can switch between left and right side ejection. Its really easy to switch everything to left hand.

Mine shoots pretty damn good. It shoots federal 168gr tac tip matchking into consistent 5 shot 1.5 in groups at 100yds. It shoots 168gr GMM into consistent 5 shot 1in to 1.25 in groups. It shot 150gr Speer GDSP into 1.75 - 2 in groups. That was with a 1-6 trijicon credo. I also have 300 rounds through it without issue. Handles awesome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertsk1 View Post
    I have one. 16in OD green.

The rifle is full ambidextrous. And the SAME bolt can switch between left and right side ejection. Its really easy to switch everything to left hand.

Mine shoots pretty damn good. It shoots federal 168gr tac tip matchking into consistent 5 shot 1.5 in groups at 100yds. It shoots 168gr GMM into consistent 5 shot 1in to 1.25 in groups. It shot 150gr Speer GDSP into 1.75 - 2 in groups. That was with a 1-6 trijicon credo. I also have 300 rounds through it without issue. Handles awesome.
    Mine is also a 16 in OD green.

I installed the aftermarket butt pad and like it alot.
    I've considered a short VFG. Have you installed one? What do you think? I'm hesitant to add weight unless there is a large benefit.

I added a sling, Meprolight RDS and 3X magnifier, and have a suppressor in jail because it's pretty loud. (I swapped out the factory brake for a Kaw Valley linear device and it didn't help enough)

Oh, are there metal magazines for the T7? I might pick up a batch if they have a good rep.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-10-23 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Mine is also a 16 in OD green.

I installed the aftermarket butt pad and like it alot.
    I've considered a short VFG. Have you installed one? What do you think? I'm hesitant to add weight unless there is a large benefit.

I added a sling, Meprolight RDS and 3X magnifier, and have a suppressor in jail because it's pretty loud. (I swapped out the factory brake for a Kaw Valley linear device and it didn't help enough)

Oh, are there metal magazines for the T7? I might pick up a batch if they have a good rep.
    I added a BCM VFG to my T7. I feel it’s a positive in that the rifle controls better for me, without a VFG my hand tends to feel like it will slip forward. With a VFG the T7 feels more like my AUG. You can rest the VFG on barriers and it helps to control the weapon. However, when bench shooting I remove the VFG for better bag placement and stability.

Mine is set up with a Trijicon Credo 1-6 in a G super precision mount, with an offset surefire, everything else is factory configuration. I would like to suppress it in the future as I have heard good things about running it suppressed.

I run PMAGS mostly, but any SR25 mag will work. I have some D&H 20 round steel mags that work fine in it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertsk1 View Post
    I added a BCM VFG to my T7. I feel it’s a positive in that the rifle controls better for me, without a VFG my hand tends to feel like it will slip forward. With a VFG the T7 feels more like my AUG.
    I did the same for the exact same reason. It should be noted that slipping would equal shooting your hand off. Mine is a little shorty one that allows a variety of grips, I use it more as a hand stop than anything. Just jam my hand in the crease it creates and start shooting.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-10-23 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    I second the metal D&H magazines. They work in everything that I've tried them in so far.

Feedback Score
    I had my FFL order one with a 20" barrel. I figured WTH, with it being a bullpup you can add a couple inches for somewhat better ballistic performance. I'd like to find a plain-jane A2 FH for it to replace the factory one it comes with. An A2-style FH might shorten the OAL by a tad too (I realize not by much). If they made handguard extension pieces to lengthen the HG I'd consider an M14 or FAL-style elongated FH, otherwise it would look retarded with damn near half the bare barrel sticking out front of the handguard!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

I'll try a VFG and pick up a few D&H mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast