Thread: Suppressed AK47

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Suppressed AK47

Ran one with my Surefire SOCOM300SPS for first time this weekend. Was not prepared for the audible difference an AK makes with a suppressor! Totally unique sound and much quieter. Using KUSA ammo which is also a huge improvement over typical 762x39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We have a buddy who's all into the Kalishnikov stuff. He has a some rig that will even run subs out of a suppressed AK if I remember correctly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It was a Blem PSA47GF3 with Midwest industries Alpha hand guard and top cover--and it shot as well as my KUSA! Did not expect that. I guess we will see how it holds up with higher round count but so far I am really impressed for such an inexpensive rifle. The trigger was also much better than expected. Have a Polish AK inbound as well to compare. I have had arsenal's in the past and I know they should be the better rifles--but so far these US clones have surprised me. These aren't even the fancy barrel versions, these are the base models.

One downside on the PSA is out of spec side rail, POSPs would not work lock properly without doing some ooga-dooga shims for tension. Had to go to the top cover for optic.