Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MK12 Mod 1 clone...ish? Rail question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What is the significance of covering or not covering the gas block, if it is a pinned unit?
    If you think an exposed gas block and tube (pinned or otherwise) is better or at least no worse at risk of damage than that of a gas block and tube that is pinned (or not) and is also covered by a rail, who am I to dissuade you from exposing it......
    Last edited by BobinNC; 10-14-23 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FSB is well proven. Gas tube is covered.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Midwest Industries makes Quad rails up to 15" if that's your thing.

On my 18" I started with a Wilson Combat 15"
    It now has a 15.5" IWI arca rail.
    No need for any attachments on the bottom, bipod and tripod have arca clamps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    FSB is well proven. Gas tube is covered.
    Doesn't look covered to me.

MK12.jpgMK12 spr.jpg
    Last edited by BobinNC; 10-14-23 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Bro all of your examples (ever that you post) are in such amazing taste! Are all of these yours or what?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I gave up once KAC discontinued all their legacy hand guards. Instead, I built an 18” barreled SPR style weapon with a 13.5” M-lok hand guard. I still want an actual MK12 clone, but I’m not going to pay the ridiculous prices either.

Another option would be to build a MK12 mod 0 using PRI parts. You can buy a complete factory PRI MK12 mod 0 upper for
    what the KAC hand guards sell for on Gunbroker.
    BCM has a nice MK12 Mod O that should be available again very soon. Its a NM barrel, and my results with it so far have been rock solid. With anything, the decision comes to what exactly you are looking for. For myself, I like the look of the MK12 Mod O, and the MK12 Mod 1, so I have variants of both. However, the builds that I make are with the MK12 barrel, and since that is what really makes the gun perform, that is what works for me with most of my shooting.

Regarding the above comment about calling it a MK12 or MK12ish weapon, you can call it a MK18 or even a MK19 if you want.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Bro all of your examples (ever that you post) are in such amazing taste! Are all of these yours or what?
    Thank you, I am humbled by your kind words. Those pics are of personal weapons.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thank you, I am humbled by your kind words. Those pics are of personal weapons.
    The continuous rail on top looks great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Agreed, it adds rigidity and gives a unique look.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Ok ok...Guys what do you think about this idea?

https://centurionarms.com/c4-rail-7in-12in/ in 12 inch with exposed gas block and the Mod 0 continuous rail top like Stick has. I know the scope mount will be a dual independent...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast