Thread: Mepro M22

Feedback Score

Mepro M22

The Israeli made Mepro M21 is my favorite non-magnified optic. My only complaint is that it's on the large side. Well, Mepro has now started producing the M22 which is smaller. My M21's have never failed me, so I'm looking forward to trying out its replacement.

https://www.meprolight.com/product/mepro-m22/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jnrnd-0IXg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Green tint looks horrible. To each his own.

Feedback Score
    Exactly what advantage does this have over a quality RDS, given that many of them have battery lives measured in months or even years? Have they figured out some way so that the fiber optic and tritium aren't washed out under WML use? How well does it actually work with NODs (since it claims compatibility with NVDs in the marketing literature), if it has tritium, given that tritium can quite easily be way too bright for NODs use, and there's also no way to change the brightness? I am also suspect on how that tint would affect it under passive aiming.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-14-23 at 00:36.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Mepro M22

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Green tint looks horrible. To each his own.

With the M21 at least the tint is much less noticeable with both eyes open, practically half the tint as the picture.
    Last edited by Waylander; 10-14-23 at 13:05.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Exactly what advantage does this have over a quality RDS,
    Based on my experience with the M21, the answer is clarity. My eyes see red dots as blurry and disformed to a degree. I don't have this problem at all with the M21. If you don't experience with red dots, then there may not be an advantage for you.

Have they figured out some way so that the fiber optic and tritium aren't washed out under WML use?
    Not that I know of from the factory, but there are aftermarket attachments that you can use to manually adjust the brightness.

I am also suspect on how that tint would affect it under passive aiming.
    I don't find the tint significantly noticeable in real life scenarios.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the M21 is significantly battle proven. The M22 should be the same, just smaller.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I don't find the tint significantly noticeable in real life scenarios.
    Tint doesn't matter, until it does. This is also an ongoing issue with the RMR. In broad daylight, it's not really an issue, but once you introduce low-light/reduced lighting, it does matter, especially against small targets that blend in well with the background. I've had issues with the RMR finding small steel targets that blended into the background during the rain, in which lighting was reduced, but it was still bright enough that WMLs didn't really work that well (unless you were using something with really high candela, I suppose), where it took me noticeably longer to line up a shot properly due to the inability to distinguish the target from the background through the lens, even with both eyes open, due to the fact that my two eyes were seeing different images that I couldn't reconcile without a bit of extra time that I would not have needed under high light conditions. Steve Fisher has also noted this issue with the RMR, and I would assume that this would also exist with any heavily tinted optic.

Also, with NODs, the tint can be an issue due to it just being so much darker through the optic, particularly if you're running monos. Though this isn't inherent, since there are a few heavily tinted optics that do fine under NODs as they have decent light transmission in enough wavelengths to make up for it, it's not the norm, though with the Mepro M21 and M22, it might be one of the exceptions, too.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-14-23 at 21:02.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    While we can debate in theory the positive and negative aspects of the M21, the IDF is using them in Gaza. They are also heavily using Mepro red dots and Trijicon ACOGS. Well worn finishes are a good indication that they work reliably.

Given what's going on over there, I think it may be a while before we see the M22 over here.
    Last edited by Bret; 11-17-23 at 15:06.