Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Anything Wrong with Current EOTECHs?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The EO reticles are always fuzzy if you really focus on the reticle itself. I didn't think any of the Holosuns were holographic but their reticles definitely are sharper. Its one of those things I don't notice in actual use though. I've never looked through the Huey, the form factor just kills it for me.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have been very pleased with my EXPS 3-0 and EXPS 3-2. Reticles are "Atari" like pixel reticles, but work well enough for me. The idea is to look at the target and lay the reticle over it when shooting. The reticle sharpens a bit for me when I do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    I have been very pleased with my EXPS 3-0 and EXPS 3-2. Reticles are "Atari" like pixel reticles, but work well enough for me. The idea is to look at the target and lay the reticle over it when shooting. The reticle sharpens a bit for me when I do that.
    They are pixelated. I can also see a "refresh rate" during transitions, but it never matters, its just a uniquness of the sight.

Feedback Score
    I have the Vortex Huey (UH-1) Gen 2 with their 3x magnifiers on one of my rifles after having a 512 and an XPS2 fail on me. The 512 was most likely the inline battery issue that was prevalent years ago, the XPS2 was used and EOTech basically told me to buy new or kick rocks so I went to Vortex. I would agree with Stick that the reticle with the Vortex is more crisp, but the glass isn't the same quality, this could be the fact that I notice the flaws most with the 3x magnifier but I really liked the glass on the EOTech XPS2, the only other thing that it had in its favor was that the battery life on the XPS2 was definitely noticeably better, but compared to a regular red dot its horrid.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    One should never stare at the reticle for any red dot or holographic sight...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    One should never stare at the reticle for any red dot or holographic sight...

True dat.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    For how pixelated they are they are amazingly crisp on their NV settings under NODs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Battery life/they just can’t be left on.

A ‘shake awake’ feature could do it. I have leupold scopes with it and it’s works. I don’t know if I’d trust it like an aimpoint left on, but it hasn’t failed me yet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    They are also possibly the best nv option.
    This was the primary reason I eventually bought one. I think they are the best option, at least what I like the best. And yes that huge window is no doubt a large part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Battery life/they just can’t be left on.

A ‘shake awake’ feature could do it. I have leupold scopes with it and it’s works. I don’t know if I’d trust it like an aimpoint left on, but it hasn’t failed me yet.
    This was the primary reason I steered clear of them for as long as I did much preferring the long battery life of my Aimpoints, leave them 24/7 for years at time. My primary HD gun wears an AP, but my NV gun has an EoTech, it is just part of the “prefight” check list to turn it on along with my laser and illuminator and fresh batteries in my NODs.

After owning one I see the attraction

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I have the Vortex Huey (UH-1) Gen 2 with their 3x magnifiers on one of my rifles after having a 512 and an XPS2 fail on me. The 512 was most likely the inline battery issue that was prevalent years ago, the XPS2 was used and EOTech basically told me to buy new or kick rocks so I went to Vortex. I would agree with Stick that the reticle with the Vortex is more crisp, but the glass isn't the same quality, this could be the fact that I notice the flaws most with the 3x magnifier but I really liked the glass on the EOTech XPS2, the only other thing that it had in its favor was that the battery life on the XPS2 was definitely noticeably better, but compared to a regular red dot its horrid.
    How do you like your Huey? How is the battery life on it? Been toying around with the idea of getting one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast