Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
How do you like your Huey? How is the battery life on it? Been toying around with the idea of getting one.
I like it in the fact that it always works, and it does work. I have it on my PWS DI 14.5 upper, which is not a gun I shoot often but like to run hard because its over gassed and generally a fun beater, the Vortex does well on it as it gives me that true holographic experience and has been reliable and rugged enough to work with that gun. The battery life has been less than stellar, and I feel like its about half that of a EOTech if not less. That being said, once you know to pack a few more CR123s in the range bag or on your kit, you're fine. I also upgraded my NVGs recently and went with a +2000 FOM PVS-14 over some older PVS-7s and this does pick up decently under NVGs, but I sold my bump and PVS-7s for my current PVS-14s and still need to get a proper ballistic helmet to truly see how they fair under passive aiming. I would really like to try the EOTechs again, maybe a EXPS2 with the 5x, but for now I'm happy with Vortex, and ultimately like that it works as well as it does.

[IMG]Fall collection by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]