Thread: Seeking Info. Concerning 'Best' Current M1 Carbine Manufacturer ?

Feedback Score

Seeking Info. Concerning 'Best' Current M1 Carbine Manufacturer ?

Hello Folks, A very good Friend of mine has finally decided that he's going to buy one of the currently produced M1 Carbines. As he's more a Civil War Buff than more modern weapons, I am assisting him in determining exactly which manufacturer produces the best product, in regards to function / reliability, & secondly accuracy ? Personally, I'm partial to the Kahr Arms variants, as I've carried my Kahr PM9 for a great many years now & have nothing but praise for it. From the few Product Reviews I've read recently, the top 2 'appear' to be the Kahr & Inland ? [ The new production Inland of course. ] Does anyone amongst us r any first hand experience or knowledge on either of these models ? I firmly advised him that he should purchase one NOW, rather than waiting as we're all aware to the Dealer's existing Stock once the Country starts worrying. I will really appreciate any advice or input regarding this issue ? THANK YOU Guys,

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own an Auto Ordnance (Kahr Arms) M1 Carbine and it has been nothing but trouble. Multiple feeding issues and disappointing accuracy are the norm.

A shooting buddy owned an Inland M1 Carbine for a while, and he had good luck with it. I never noticed feeding issues and he thought it was as accurate as you can expect from an M1 Carbine. He trades guns more than most people trade cars, so he only owned it a couple of years.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    A modern manufactured M1 Carbine? I'd have to say the best from what I've read is Fulton Armory. It is also the most expensive by far. A new M1 Carbine clone from them will run you ~ $2500 (that is one with a chromed-lined bore) and, last I called, the predicted wait-time was longer than a year.

While I scoff at the above price, it would just about be the "ultimate" M1 Carbine. The wait-time makes it even more of a turnoff.

Damn it!!!!!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!