Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW LMT MWS QC ISSUES

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If you are not aware, there is a very active LMT owners group on the book face. Joe Hagny, senior LMT employee, is in the group and handles everything that comes up personally. Might be worth your while to join that group, it’s “Lmt Owner Group”.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a Faceplace account, but used my wife's to search for the "Lmt Owner Group". Nothing close came up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It says "Private group". I have no idea how a private group works, but perhaps that's why I couldn't see it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Try his email: HajnyJ@lmtdefense.com .

There is quite a bit of talk about LMT quality issues both on facepalm and reddit. While quick change barrel is a cool idea, I think it has limited applicability while adding weight. Given the LMT cost, it may be cheaper to just buy another upper.
    For the record, I have a 2013 MWS, 2022 Estonia rifle, another MWS with SLK8 upper that I assembled separately and an MRP-L.
    Lewis is of the opinion that "semi auto rifles" only get semi auto carriers. They also "gas" their MRP-L rifles for carbine buffers.
    All rifles function fine and have good fit and finish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    Lewis is of the opinion that "semi auto rifles" only get semi auto carriers. They also "gas" their MRP-L rifles for carbine buffers.
    That's a Bill Ruger move. I wasn't really in the market, but bought a Defender SBR simply because it was offered at such a great price. After getting it, I found out that I had to buy a FA bolt carrier in order to be able to run it on my M16.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They sell “full auto” carriers to anyone, they just don’t include them in their complete rifles, IIRC, colt used to do this too and some other silly things like different fcg pin sizes and not milling the lower receiver pocket.

Feedback Score
    I understand that you can buy regular LMT carriers, but I shouldn't have to because one should have been included with the gun. Colt used to do that crap in an attempt to curry favor with gun control advocates. It didn't work, so they gave up on it. LMT is having to stock two different types of carriers, so if anything, it's costing them money. I can think of no reason other than being sympathetic to gun control advocates for LMT to do such a thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post

There is quite a bit of talk about LMT quality issues both on facepalm and reddit. While quick change barrel is a cool idea, I think it has limited applicability while adding weight. Given the LMT cost, it may be cheaper to just buy another upper.
    For the record, I have a 2013 MWS, 2022 Estonia rifle, another MWS with SLK8 upper that I assembled separately and an MRP-L.
    All rifles function fine and have good fit and finish.
    Thanks for the contact information, I messaged Joe about the situation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update: Received my MWS back from LMT today. They replaced just the upper receiver which now has a nice fit to the lower. There are still minor cosmetic issues with this new upper receiver. There is a gray patch of I assume dry film on a T slot of the pic rail. Also, there are two nicks through the anodizing under the dust cover, probably induced during a sloppy install. I haven’t fired this rifle to function test it and probably won’t. I have lost interest in their product and don’t plan on purchasing/recommending LMT in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast