Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 1's, how long these days?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just went past 120 days. Eform trust. Mildly irritating but not unexpected.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    258 days. It took those worthless POS's 258 days to approve a standard Form 1.

Can you tell I'm a bit bitter?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Check out post 4782 here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Thread/page479

257 days and counting for me. At least 20 Form 1's before this one, all pretty quick, but when something goes sideways... oy vey...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    258 days. It took those worthless POS's 258 days to approve a standard Form 1.

Can you tell I'm a bit bitter?
    Damn dude. Well, I'm glad you finally got it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Damn dude. Well, I'm glad you finally got it.
    The worst part is that I called the ATF around noon the day before and they told me that there wasn’t an examiner assigned. So at noon no examiner assigned, but at 5:28am the next day it was approved?

This basically tells me that a Form1 can be approved in a couple hours worth of work, but takes 9 months. It takes 9 months to do a couple hours worth of work. Typical government billsh*t.

We really need to abolish the ATF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    The worst part is that I called the ATF around noon the day before and they told me that there wasn’t an examiner assigned. So at noon no examiner assigned, but at 5:28am the next day it was approved?

This basically tells me that a Form1 can be approved in a couple hours worth of work, but takes 9 months. It takes 9 months to do a couple hours worth of work. Typical government billsh*t.

We really need to abolish the ATF.
    Agreed, but also glad you finally got yours approved. Give me hope as I’m sitting at 254 days today.

Feedback Score
    My two pistol amnesty F1's filed in March took 42 and 46 days respectively, the SBS I filed in May took 36 days, and my last SBR filed in August took 24 days (all e-file Individual).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The discrepancy is just wild, days to years

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Just out of curiosity, for the guys who went almost a year on your Form 1, did you ever reach out to your Representatives to try and push it along? Those wait times are insane.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, for the guys who went almost a year on your Form 1, did you ever reach out to your Representatives to try and push it along? Those wait times are insane.
    My congressman is a Dem POS, so I didn't waste my time. I contacted both my senators, Tillis and Budd. I heard back from Tillis, who sent me a bunch of forms to fill out so that they could inquire as to what was happening with the ATF and FBI. About a month later I got a letter from his office saying the same excuse the ATF gave me. A lot of applications... Too much work... Unprecedented demand... FBI delay in background check. Useless. Completely useless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast