Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Engaving

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Yes. You have to engrave your name, city and state.
    So for a trust is it the same but with the trust name instead of individuals? Im doing my first sbr soon

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    So for a trust is it the same but with the trust name instead of individuals? Im doing my first sbr soon
    Correct.

I’ve been needing to send a lower to Tar Heel State for months. I just don’t like shipping something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yes. You have to engrave your name, city and state.
    100%.

Do this and sleep well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was this a standard Form1 or one of the amnesty ones?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the amnesty Form1s don’t require engraving.

Reason I ask is because you went individual instead of a trust despite having a trust. This is what I had to do on two amnesty forms because of the stupid rule. Assuming you may be in the same boat.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Was this a standard Form1 or one of the amnesty ones?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the amnesty Form1s don’t require engraving.

Reason I ask is because you went individual instead of a trust despite having a trust. This is what I had to do on two amnesty forms because of the stupid rule. Assuming you may be in the same boat.
    Was going to mention this. The amnesty Form 1s do not require engraving.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    +1 for tar heel state firearms. They were the only ones capable of engraving a smith and wesson polymer lower for me without going through the plastic.

If possible, local or even a moderate drive away is always best, just to avoid any UPS or other shipper BS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I wish I'd have done a bunch of Amnesty deals. I foolishly listened to the Moon Bats here and bought into the idea that it was a bad idea. We have a buddy who did over 10 free stamps.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The amnesty Form 1s do not require engraving.
    Well, technically they do. It's just that the ATF allows the engraving that's already on the firearm to be adopted. If an individual made the firearm receiver himself, then he would have to engrave it with his personal information. See question (30) for the ATF's exact wording.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...ide-2/download

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well, technically they do. It's just that the ATF allows the engraving that's already on the firearm to be adopted. If an individual made the firearm receiver himself, then he would have to engrave it with his personal information. See question (30) for the ATF's exact wording.
    This goes back to my opinion that even the ATF is confused by their own bureaucratic bull shit. Almost no one "makes" an SBR like one would do with an F1 can. Simple logic would indicate that the engraving would be appropriate for a made from "scratch" NFA item only. A simple barrel chop/swap makes no sense for additional engraving.

That said, I've heard of examiners returning F1s with add on requirements for Trust engraving. ATF buffoonery has shown when they've contradicted themselves time and time again over the years.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wish I'd have done a bunch of Amnesty deals. I foolishly listened to the Moon Bats here and bought into the idea that it was a bad idea. We have a buddy who did over 10 free stamps.
    I was in the same boat at first. Then I thought about it; I already have several silencers and SBRs so it's not like I don't have anything registered with the Nazis. So screw it, this is like having a factory SBR.

Good point. The way I understood it is that the factory engraving suffices. The gun effectively becomes a factory SBR.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast