Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New trigger

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Why should this statement not also apply to well made aftermarket triggers?
    You're not wrong, but it really depends on the owner of the rifle and if they can choose a reputable trigger and/or install it correctly. I have a buddy who also bought a Colt 6920, but he just couldn't keep it factory, he had to mess with it. He changed the trigger, the trigger pull felt amazing, but it also occasionally misfired. He changed the pinned gas block for an adjustable one. It would occasionally missfeed. He took the best thing about a Colt 6920 which is it's reliability, and ruined it. They may not be the prettiest rifles with the best finish, they may not have the best feeling triggers compared to the aftermarket stuff, but they just work, they're reliable, changing parts ruined that in this case. I believe my Geissele triggers are plenty reliable, sure, but for HD I just don't feel it's necessary to switch out the factory trigger. The factory built rifle is reliable, the trigger pull is plenty good, and it's gonna work very well as is.

The OP has a Sionics, which has a reputation for making well built factory rifles. Even if Geisseles are reliable triggers, it sounds like the OP doesn't like the feel of Geissele triggers and wants to experiment, so I say if it's a range gun, go ahead. If it's an HD gun, keep it factory/reliable and stop worrying about the feel of the trigger, just practice shooting and take comfort in the fact that you have a well made factory rifle from a reputable company that will go bang when you need it to.

Just my thoughts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Even if Geisseles are reliable triggers, it sounds like the OP doesn't like the feel of Geissele triggers and wants to experiment, so I say if it's a range gun, go ahead. If it's an HD gun, keep it factory/reliable and stop worrying about the feel of the trigger, just practice shooting and take comfort in the fact that you have a well made factory rifle from a reputable company that will go bang when you need it to.
    There are two triggers authorized in USSOCOM M4A1 Carbines: the GI OEM factory trigger (Colt or FN) and the Special Operations Peculiar Modification (SOPMOD).

"Super Select-Fire SOPMOD (SSF®) Trigger

"The Geissele Super Select-Fire (SSF) Trigger is a non-adjustable two-stage select-fire combat trigger developed for the U.S. Special Operations Command. In semi-automatic mode, the SSF is a precision two-stage trigger for precise and accurate trigger control. In full-automatic mode the SSF is a single-stage trigger with a smooth, continuous trigger pull and abrupt hammer release. The SSF is safety-certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. National Stock Number (NSN) 1005-01-618-8104."

The Geissele Super Semi Automatic (SSA) is the semi-only trigger.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234