Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New trigger

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    It just does not feel strong enough to me. It breaks clean, and I like it, don't get me wrong. Maybe I am just looking for a reason to buy a trigger I really DONT need.....
    Wow. Definitely DON'T buy the Centurion then. I figured you were like me and struggled with the snappy Geissle reset. (This is when shooting groups only... doesn't bother me on real shooting)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Trigger tech makes some amazingly feeling triggers that you will generally only feel when slow firing, hence why they’re in my more precision oriented builds. If you’re shooting fast you won’t know the difference. it has a much thinner profile, trigger blade, then any other trigger I have Used. I have giessele SSA, SD – C, SDE, the SDE with the lightning style trigger shoe, larue mbt, and bcm pnt.

I’ve One of the Chief complaints seems to be that the possibility of debris such as a blown primer getting stuck in the cassette locking up your gun. Although this is a possibility , if it’s your home defense gun and you like me have many ARS that home defense gun might not get shot a lot, and therefore may be a moot point. I’m haven’t put as many rounds through rifles as some but more than the US average, I have shot out a bcm non chromed pencil barrel for reference. I’ve been lucky enough never to have had a blown primer.

But hey I’m just one opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Larue MBT-2S, best bang for the buck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My preferred trigger on a "go-to" at this time is a FCD Schmidt 2-stage.

Feedback Score
    This is no way a meant to be a slight against anyone with a hot rod trigger. I've pulled the Geissele SSAs and gone back to Colt for the last freakin time. I tried, went back and forth multiple times. In my guns and the way I use them there is no advantage to me. So many years with the hated milspec triggers has left me forever in the past. I'm a Last Century Boy... best wishes to those who disagree.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My choice for a home defense AR Trigger: Rise Armament LE-145. It’s break is extremely crisp with zero creep and the reset is very firm and fast.

Note:This trigger does need anti-walk pins

https://ar15discounts.com/products/r...op-in-trigger/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If you want to try a nice, moderately inexpensive single stage, I like Hiperfire’s EDT.
    It's beyond my comprehension why the Hiperfire EDT series triggers are not more popular than they are. I purchased my first one well over a decade ago for my duty carbine and it is still one of the best single stage AR triggers I've ever used.

Other very good single stage triggers I've used are the Sionics Enhanced mil-spec, SOLGW Liberty Comp, ALG ACT and Geissele SSP. I think best bang for the buck is a toss up between ALG and Sionics. For a little more coin, I'll always choose one of the Hiperfire EDTs though the hybrid design of the EDT DM does take a little getting used to and a buddy of mine with sausage fingers doesn't like it but does like the Heavy Gunner. I have a few Geissele SSA-Es, a G2S, an SD Enhanced and one Elftmann (my only cartridge type trigger). Though I really prefer a single stage AR trigger probably 90% of the time.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For a bedside/HD gun an SSA is my goto. I will admit the Larue for the price and if you prefer a single stage, it is a good option. That Centurion 2 stage for a SSA knock off seems decent to me. I feel triggers are mostly personal preference, so you gotta shoot what gives you confidence, period. As long as it runs, its your gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple SSA-E, great triggers, I enjoy using them at the range. But my serious use gun has a standard milspec trigger. Why? I shoot it plenty good enough, it's reliable, the rifle is a Colt and I haven't messed with any of the internal parts, factory trigger, BCG, gas block, barrel. It's just plain going to work. I shoot it plenty good enough for HD use and I feel there's just no need to mess with it. A factory rifle from a reputable company is gonna go off every time, start messing with the trigger or gas block and you may start having reliability problems. I'll take reliability first over trying to find the perfect hair trigger for the best "feel" when I'm jerking the gun off in the basement or whatever. When shit hits the fan you're not gonna be thinking about how many lbs your trigger pull is and the factory trigger will work perfectly fine as long as you've practiced with it. So if it's just a range gun, throw anything in it, try a cassette trigger maybe, some of them have the best single action trigger pulls available. If it's a serious use gun, just stick with the factory trigger in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    A factory rifle from a reputable company is gonna go off every time,
    Why should this statement not also apply to well made aftermarket triggers?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast