Thread: Good light for Magpull offset light mount MAG498?

Feedback Score

Good light for Magpull offset light mount MAG498?

I don't have a proper light for this mount.

The mount has two rings. Will mount at 11 o'clock. Prefer about 1000 lumens with lotsa Candela in the center.

Lightweight preffered. Under $150 preffered.

Instant on / off is the only feature I need. Don't need constant on or strobe.

Feedback Score
    There are a solid number of choices given that the mount can accept light bodies ranging from .75" to 1.03". Streamlight HLX can be had for about $110-130.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    There are a solid number of choices given that the mount can accept light bodies ranging from .75" to 1.03". Streamlight HLX can be had for about $110-130.
    Done! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Look into the maglight spring fix for the HLX. Someone bought these for our whole department and had issues with the light not coming on. The very inside connection is shallow and the outside wrap of the battery keeps it from making a good connection. I would slap the head of the flashlight against my palm and it would come on. Maglight spring fits inside the black ring around the connection and fixes the issue. Good bright flashlight, just eats batteries fast with that high power.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Look into the maglight spring fix for the HLX. Someone bought these for our whole department and had issues with the light not coming on. The very inside connection is shallow and the outside wrap of the battery keeps it from making a good connection. I would slap the head of the flashlight against my palm and it would come on. Maglight spring fits inside the black ring around the connection and fixes the issue. Good bright flashlight, just eats batteries fast with that high power.
    Thanks a bunch for the tip!

Feedback Score
    Mount worked fine with the Ultimak rail & "A-TM" folding stock.

Although if one wanted the light further out next to the bare barrel on the left side, they should buy the RH mount and turn it around. It would then be on the left side of the gun but more forward.

I did have to move my RDS further back than anticipated. No big deal at all.