Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ejection patterns tell us ......

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shoot us a pic of your clone 416 and how is it running? Tell us about your build. I have buddy with a near perfect clone, but I have not shot that bad boy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Pics are taking forever to upload for some reason but here’s the build…

HK upper rec
    Nefarious Arms chf 10.4 barrel
    BRN BCG, vented gas block and pistol assy
    Geissele 416 SMR
    SOCOM RC2 (going to transition to RC3)

Geissele SD lower
    HK spring and buffer

For the 416, it seems like the spring and buffer are fixed in the equation because the spring is the heaviest you’ll find on the market. I’ve tried all the others. lol.

The gun runs great overall but suppressed it ejects about 2:30 depending on rate of fire. Faster and it moves farther Forward as I would expect. I haven’t tried it on the FA lower yet. lol. It has about 1k rounds thru it so far. The gun itself is pretty heavy but it shoots super flat for recoil impulse. Way flatter than my gas guns of similar configuration.

I’ll try to get pics if I can ever get them to upload.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Pics are taking forever to upload for some reason but here’s the build…

HK upper rec
    Nefarious Arms chf 10.4 barrel
    BRN BCG, vented gas block and pistol assy
    Geissele 416 SMR
    SOCOM RC2 (going to transition to RC3)

Geissele SD lower
    HK spring and buffer

For the 416, it seems like the spring and buffer are fixed in the equation because the spring is the heaviest you’ll find on the market. I’ve tried all the others. lol.

The gun runs great overall but suppressed it ejects about 2:30 depending on rate of fire. Faster and it moves farther Forward as I would expect. I haven’t tried it on the FA lower yet. lol. It has about 1k rounds thru it so far. The gun itself is pretty heavy but it shoots super flat for recoil impulse. Way flatter than my gas guns of similar configuration.

I’ll try to get pics if I can ever get them to upload.
    I don't know the weight for the HK buffer. I wonder if a PWS steel-body buffer could be incorporated (or if the HK buffer already has a heavier body mass than aluminum)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I don't know the weight for the HK buffer. I wonder if a PWS steel-body buffer could be incorporated (or if the HK buffer already has a heavier body mass than aluminum)?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Gentleman AND a scholar. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Honestly I could use an H3 but I popped a RC3 on it to test and immediately got 3:15-3:30 ejection plus it runs well unsuppressed. Now if they’ll just release the FDE RC3s.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a mid gas Noveske skinny Afghan 14.5 barrel that while accurate is very over gassed. When first assembled it's ejection pattern was so far forward that other shooters came to me to mention it. I'm guessing 12:30-1:00. I'm using the BCM version of the Vltor A5 system. I was using their lightest buffer. I went to a Geissele Super 42 rifle spring and a BCM #3 buffer. That tamed it to 1:30-2:00. Next I added a LMT E carrier and the #4 buffer. Now it sits at around 3:00 so I'm happy. I have a BRT reduced gas tube so that's my next step but I think it's good for now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We took a stock Colt 6920 last weekend and subbed an H2 for the H buffer that it came with. Shot 5 rounds each without changing my kneeling position, and the ejection was identical. H2 seemed to have a little more pop, but that could have been only in my mind. Decided to leave the H buffer installed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Stock M4s come with H1 or H2 buffers, depending on barrel profile, and eject around 2:00 ish straight out of the box with military ammo.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Stock M4s come with H1 or H2 buffers, depending on barrel profile, and eject around 2:00 ish straight out of the box with military ammo.
    Thats where my Colts spit. I'm so glad they leave .
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast