Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The P10C is the best pistol for the money period

Feedback Score
    I'm just now seeing this thread for some reason, and I love my P10C, I have lost count of the rounds, but after 5 years of ownership and a rough estimate I believe I'm around 12-14k rounds though the gun, all factory parts. I really, really love that gun. Multiple pistol classes, that thing has been utterly amazing with maybe a handful of failures, mainly in failure to lock back on an empty chamber especially when I have gloves on and am probably riding the slide release.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I like mine a lot; it’s a tack driver out of the box, it’s got a comfortable grip at a good angle (straighter than a Glock but not as straight as a P320, M&P, PDP, etc.). The felt recoil seems noticeably less than my G19 Gen5 (and way less than my dad’s Walther PDP). Also slightly less expensive than most pistols of its quality. It’s my current EDC.

I do have some things I’d change about it. First, internally, it’s more complicated than other polymer striker pistols. It’s noticeably more tedious to detail strip and worse to reassemble than any of the other striker fired pistols I’ve owned. If you’re a compulsive customizer like me, that’s a pain in the ass.

Second, the trigger is good enough but overall no better, and maybe even slightly worse than a Gen5 Glock, and nowhere near a Walther PDP or something like it. Theres a small bit of grit in the take up, break feels heavy though it’s supposedly the standard 5.5 to 6lbs most striker pistols have, but the reset is good. It’s certainly one of the better stock triggers among striker pistols, but it’s just not as good as it probably could be.

It’s a bit heavy; not a boat anchor but if you’re used to carrying a compact Glock, you’ll notice the weight difference.

Aftermarket options for it are very limited. There’s very little in the way of sights, plates for optics, or triggers and fire control parts. Internally, you’re limited to having a stock gun or a competition gun. Unlike, say, Glock, where you can drop in a - or . disconnector, or the M&P with the Apex Duty/Carry enhancement kit, the P10 has no mod to just slightly improve the shooting experience in your carry gun.

Also, there’s a noticeable gap between the slide and the frame. It doesn’t affect the performance in any way, shape, or form, but in terms of looks, it annoys my OCD. I wish CZ could have done their signature frame inside the slide.

These aren’t deal killers. I do like my P10C and I’m not getting rid of it and I’ll recommend it, and over many other guns, all week long and twice on Sundays. But if they’re going to clean it up a bit, changes to these complaints is what I’d like to see.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 12-21-23 at 17:11.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What I would want to see is mag compatibility between the current P10c and whatever CZ is about to release.

Feedback Score
    My family has 3 P-10C’s.
    Mine was the first and my son carried it for a couple years or so before he bought his own with a slide cut. He mounted an Acro on his and carries it And uses it at our range for our weekly pistol shoots. He stomps everyone else even those running gamer guns. It’s our club members snd guests so it’s not like a state run uspsa event but the fact he can run a duty pistol well speaks highly of the pistol.

Mine now was cut for a SRO. Great shooter. My younger son has one with an RMR on it.

We also have a couple shadow 2’s. I also have a P-09 with RMR on it. All great

We dont hate on glocks but we simply don’t like the grip and grip angle. They don’t point naturally for us.

For less than $400 for an optic cut, i always recommend the P-10C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I’d agree. At this moment, the CZP10c and the Beretta APX are the best guns that price point at about $350 give or take.

You can make an argument about any other guns being better in any different ways…but you will spend more.

Both pistols lack aftermarket support, but frankly for most purposes, you don’t meted much more.

I’d give the edge to the Beretta for the modular concept although I have yet to see any ‘kits’ available…given the price point, why not buy another gun? You can easily swap grip sizes. I do like the competition striker spring in this. There only knock is the disassembly is not intuitive as most sfp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Now that a Striker Control Device will soon be available… absolutely. I’ve said this since I first tested/tried/carried one for 6 months.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Now that a Striker Control Device will soon be available… absolutely. I’ve said this since I first tested/tried/carried one for 6 months.
    Tom/Ernest is going to me making a Gadget for the CZ? Very cool!

Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    This is the guy I'm seeing with and SCD like device. Not sure the affiliation with TAU or Langdon.

https://danforthdesigns.com/product/cz-p-10-scd/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just got a slightly used one today...$250

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234