Thread: G17 MOS vs G45 MOS with X300U??

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

G17 MOS vs G45 MOS with X300U??

I like the quicker cycling of the G19 but need an X300U for duty... Does the G45 with an X300U feel any different than a 17?

With RDS I don't need the slide length anymore but I like the full size grip for duty.

Thoughts welcome before i just go buy one and kit it all out!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The G45 is what we have been issuing new officers for a few years now. My current duty gun is a G17. Once they finish replacing out all the .40 guns I will have a G45 as my issued gun.

Shooting both side by side I MIGHT be able to tell a difference. But in reality I cant really tell them apart when shooting. Overall they've been working great for us.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You will find just as many people that prefer one versus the other and probably an equal number that do not care. The differences are minute and more personal preference and subjective than anything else.

For some reason the 45 has really caught on in law enforcement circles. It's a bit of a mystery since a decent WML (read: not a TLR-7) negates any "benefit" of the shorter slide. If you look at the USPSA Carry Optics world, the 34 still arguably dominates among Glock users even though there are guys that will claim the sight radius is the only plus to the 34 (and that optics negate that).

Try to find a way to get your hands on both to shoot them and decide.