Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What can would you buy?

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Any chance you have experience with the T3 and the Turbo K as a comparison? I’m just about to pull the trigger on the K because it seems like everyone says that you really don’t hear much difference between the two.

I already have the Vox S, which is about exactly the weight & length of the T3, so that’s another reason I’m leaning K model. (I’m sure the T3 is better at suppressing 556 than the 30cal Vox, but I pay more attention to the length and weight than dB level when it comes to suppressing 556 anyway).

This would live full time on my go to 12.5” and give me a little lighter and shorter package than what the Vox currently does. It could pull split duty on my 11.5” too but I think the Vox may go there instead.
    Honestly, if Pappabear hadn't said he wanted a full size can, I would have recommended the K. I agree with georgeib's point that they both perform so similarly to each other that the K would be the better choice due to keeping the weight and length down that much more.

1168 runs a Turbo K on a 12.5" and has nothing but praise for the setup. I think you'll be well served by the K.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a friend that can probably get the Turbo K for a great price, Ill check into that. Surefire was also on my radar as their reputation has been outstanding as well. Thanks for th feedback.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If I had a full KAC SBR, I would want to stick with a KAC can.

This would be my first choice: https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/kac-5-...r-crs-qdc-prt/. I just wish it worked with the KAC 3T brake.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Hard to hear the difference between the two. There is a suppression difference, but I think it's fair to say that's it isn't significant. The K is also a little less gassy as well as being shorter and lighter.

I have a K mounted on a ln 11.5 direct thread with a JMac x37 mount to protect the blast baffle. For the money, it's hard to beat the performance and overall characteristics.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Honestly, if Pappabear hadn't said he wanted a full size can, I would have recommended the K. I agree with georgeib's point that they both perform so similarly to each other that the K would be the better choice due to keeping the weight and length down that much more.

1168 runs a Turbo K on a 12.5" and has nothing but praise for the setup. I think you'll be well served by the K.
    Great to hear both of your experiences...thanks!

The gas blowback is about the only complaint I've heard about the Turbo K and now that the new RB version is out, I'm hoping they were able to keep the performance while still reducing the blowback. Either way, I think I'm sold on the setup the more I hear about it.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    For what it's worth; the BRT EZ Tune gas tubes are a solid option to help tame excessively gassy cans.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For what it's worth; the BRT EZ Tune gas tubes are a solid option to help tame excessively gassy cans.
    Yes sir, I forgot to mention that it's definitely part of the plan.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a friend that can probably get the Turbo K for a great price, Ill check into that. Surefire was also on my radar as their reputation has been outstanding as well. Thanks for th feedback.

PB
    PB,

If you look at specs/measurements online for the T3 vs TK, they're all over the place and hard to nail down exactly what they are...especially on YHM's site (don't understand how it's so hard to give these simple measurements).

Anyway, I asked for this data on Arfcom and got the following responses. (Anyone here that has anything to add or dispute, please do)

YHM T3
    5.54" and 10.4oz (without adapter and before first firing)

QD adapter 2.8oz

DT adapter 1.8oz
    (5oz less configuration total when subtracting QD adapter and phantom brake weight.)

YHM TK
    I have the 2nd gen TK (the one right before the RB). Here are my measurements (weighed before first use):

Length:
    4 9/16" with no mount adapter.
    5 5/16" w/ DA Xeno

Weight:
    7 7/8 oz with no mount
    11 1/8 oz with Griffin Plan A
    10 3/4 oz with DA Xeno

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Yes sir, I forgot to mention that it's definitely part of the plan.
    I also have a BRT gas tube for mine. Though it definitely helps in making sure the can doesn't overgas the operating system and a "must have" IMO, it doesn't do much for gas being pushed down the bore during high rates of fire. You will still get a face full of gas (relatively speaking) during a mag dump for example, albeit somewhat curtailed compared to not using the EZ Tune tube. The breach and top rounds in the magazine will still get sooty, unlike when shooting with an OSS/HuxWrx can.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I also have a BRT gas tube for mine. Though it definitely helps in making sure the can doesn't overgas the operating system and a "must have" IMO, it doesn't do much for gas being pushed down the bore during high rates of fire. You will still get a face full of gas (relatively speaking) during a mag dump for example, albeit somewhat curtailed compared to not using the EZ Tune tube. The breach and top rounds in the magazine will still get sooty, unlike when shooting with an OSS/HuxWrx can.
    This is also something I figured would happen...if you choke the tube down, the gas has to go somewhere so I figured down the bore and out the port would be the next likely place. Have you played with any of the gas bleed BCG setups? And seal off the charging handle?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    If I had a full KAC SBR, I would want to stick with a KAC can.

This would be my first choice: https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/kac-5-...r-crs-qdc-prt/. I just wish it worked with the KAC 3T brake.
    Not many of those in stock these days. But yes great choice for a KAC gun.

Does BRT makes gas tubes for KAC? Never looked into that. Because my last KAC ran fine.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-19-23 at 12:48.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast