Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP - so far

Feedback Score

Walther PDP - so far

The PDP has been on the market for a while now and seems to doing well. I'm looking at a full-size version (4.5 inch barrel) in the LE packaging, which includes a third mag. For those of you that own one, how has it been working out?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The PDP has been on the market for a while now and seems to doing well. I'm looking at a full-size version (4.5 inch barrel) in the LE packaging, which includes a third mag. For those of you that own one, how has it been working out?
    I bought a compact a few months ago...$450 slightly used with the second mag never fired. Shot it recently with the Holosun SCS and it is more accurate than my Glock 19MOS with the same type of Holosun on it. A smooth trigger but a little creep in reset, accurate but a slight muzzle flip and I like the ergos...

The curve at the end of the frame does help with red dot acquisition.

The PA state police just chose the PDP as their new duty weapon

Feedback Score
    My dad has a full-size PDP and we both love it. It has an excellent trigger and it's an absolute tack driver. It does have more noticeable flip, especially if you're used to Glocks, but it's not really that bad, and you get used to it pretty quickly. My dad put in a Springco Recoil Management guide rod as well, and it cuts down on the flip (at least it feels like it to both of us), and it hasn't caused any reliability issues with anything we've put through it. That said, it's a creature comfort; the PDP shoots just fine without it.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 11-18-23 at 19:52.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought a 4" F because it fits my small size hands perfect. I've never shot a "duty sized" gun that fits this well. Anyway, I have really enjoyed it so far. I don't really notice the proclaimed extra snappiness. Mine has been great. No issues this far.

ETA: Walther offers a veteran/LEO discount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Be sure to get the 2.0 optics cut.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I carry a 4" full size daily for work for the last year and a half. Been flawless. I have version 1 optic cut and haven't had a problem with it. I've racked the slide dozens of times off the optic and never once came loose.

I have a acro p2.and tlr 1. I added the performer trigger a few months ago and like it. Stock trigger is great and honestly doesn't need change. Wait for a Walther sale on their website to get a trigger if you want it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rrich1; 11-29-23 at 06:34.

Feedback Score
    Why would one purchase a PDP instead of a PPQ? I have no experience with the PDP, but the PPQ has the best trigger that I've ever felt in a plastic framed pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Why would one purchase a PDP instead of a PPQ? I have no experience with the PDP, but the PPQ has the best trigger that I've ever felt in a plastic framed pistol.
    The PPQ is discontinued, and the PDP is its replacement. You might still be able to find PPQs out there, but the issue will be long-term support and maintenance that comes with using any discontinued pistol.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    The PPQ is discontinued, and the PDP is its replacement.
    That would be an excellent reason. Still, I wonder why they discontinued the PPQ and replaced it with the PDP.

You might still be able to find PPQs out there, but the issue will be long-term support and maintenance that comes with using any discontinued pistol.
    I would say that if you're concerned about support at all, then don't buy a Walther. I've had one horrific and one poor experience with their customer service.

Feedback Score
    The PDP is an outstanding pistol, I have the compact.....accurate AF, reliable, so far 2k rds without any issues using 15 & 18 rd mags, 500 of those were cheap steel case Tula, great grip, simple takedown/cleaning, just an excellent firearm. It has been far more accurate than either my VP9 and G34 with match barrel. Now, my edc pistol; and plan on purchasing full size varient and the F series version of it.
    Also, I did have a PPQ which I gifted to my nephew for his "home defense" gun; he has shot roughly +/-10k rds without issue. As far as customer service/support from Walther, no experience with it as I never had reason to contact them.
    Last edited by henri; 11-29-23 at 11:32.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast