Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP - so far

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    The PPQ is discontinued, and the PDP is its replacement. You might still be able to find PPQs out there, but the issue will be long-term support and maintenance that comes with using any discontinued pistol.
    In this case I wouldn't be too worried about getting parts for the PPQ. The PDP is an updated PPQ with the main changes being grip texture, sights, and being optics ready.

I have owned a PPQ for several years and bought a PDP compact when they came out for the optics cut. I can swap most of the parts out. Same barrel, recoil spring assembly, magazines, and I believe triggers (different triggers). Slides swap back and forth, and between my friends match version as well. I do notice that Walther now no longer lists parts for the PPQ, but when the PDP released they had info on their website listing the common parts. the only thing I had to get for the PDP was a new holster. They made the slide wider to support the optic.

Both are fine pistols, but given a choice get the PDP. It adds the option of adding an optic though it works fine without it. And they were smart enough to give it Glock sight cuts. Lots more sight options available. FWIW, these are the only striker fired pistols I haven't felt the need to modify the trigger.

If you already have the PPQ, rock on. No real need to switch unless you want to add an optic
    Last edited by hi-wayman; 11-29-23 at 14:51. Reason: correction

Feedback Score
    I got curious if I could find the parts comparison between the PDP and PPQ. found it.

https://waltherarms.com/blog/walther...-compatibility

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link. I didn't realize that there was that much parts compatibility between the two.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Bret, as someone else mentioned, it is best to think of the PDP as PPQ M3. New frame texture and sizes, ugly superserrations, and a nice optic cut lower than you will get on the PPQ. The only person who would do a direct mill cut for the PPQ retired a couple years ago as far as I can tell.

The trigger is slightly different but 100% interchangeable with the PPQ.

P99 parts even interchange (slides) with both M2 and PDP’s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Plus you can use Glock sights..which opens up additional choices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Bret, as someone else mentioned, it is best to think of the PDP as PPQ M3. New frame texture and sizes, ugly superserrations, and a nice optic cut lower than you will get on the PPQ.
    That makes sense. For some reason I had it in my head that it was a lower price tier alternative to the PPQ.

Feedback Score
    I need to pick one up. My only problem is the LGS's that have them are selling for $650 and up and I just know I can get a full sized CZ P-10 for $450, but I've shot a few now and I really like the PDP
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    The grip angle fits my hand better than just about any other handgun I have ever tried.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I need to pick one up. My only problem is the LGS's that have them are selling for $650 and up and I just know I can get a full sized CZ P-10 for $450, but I've shot a few now and I really like the PDP
    Get the Walther....the $200 difference will make no difference in your life; besides you will end up getting the walther anyway.

Feedback Score
    Be sure to get one with the 2.0 optic cut. Have them take the plate off to confirm.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast