Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never in my life shot a 22lr

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've never in my life shot a 22lr

Dunno...My friends are avid 22lr fans yet I've never once fired one.

I don't see the point

Feedback Score
    Not missing anything other than the price of ammo.

Feedback Score
    .22ís are a LOT of fun. I like them all, pistols, long guns, semiautomatic, lever action, etc.

I begin and end every shooting session with a .22, usually a Glock 44. If shooting rifle drills, either an AR with a CMMG conversion bolt or, if just a fun range day, my 10/22 or my Henry.

And .22ís are the best way to introduce new shooters to firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't see the point in making a point about not having fired one. There isn't a point, at least not the sort of point someone makes a point of looking for.

It certainly isn't in the league of fat girls and scooters, and you don't have to call your dad and tell him your gay...it's just a small cartridge. It has uses, but that doesn't mean you have any of them.

I really enjoy .22, but only in a nice bolt action rifle. Preferably with iron sights while I still can.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You haven't lived until you shoot / hunt with an accurate suppressed 22...being able to snipe quail in the noggin at 50yds is freak'n joy that goes to the dinner table better than a scatter gun.

I shot competitive RF back in the 90's and with the right hummer bbl & a tuner, the RF was every bit as accurate / tight at 50yds that the 6ppc could do at 100.

Winchester made some of the best...the 52, 61, 62 & 63 are legend. I'm also fortunate to own a couple 40x repeaters & KoO 82 custom match's. Yes, I'm a 22 snob.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post

I don't see the point
    …Okay
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm glad you're now grown.
    I didn't want to call CPS on your Parents for not gifting you a.22. You do know not owning and shooting a .22 is a crime in Texas. Right?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    You have missed out

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cheap to shoot, fun to shoot, good practice, good to teach new shooters with. Why the hell don't you have a .22?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post

I don't see the point
    Shooting bullseye .22 pistol, and position .22 rifle (think Anschutz etc) is tremendously good training. If you can shoot small bore at a high level then that means you have perfected basics of marksmanship especially follow through since a low velocity bullet needing to clear a 25Ē bbl is really unforgiving if your position and NPA suck.

Iíve rarely seen a shooter who could shoot small bore precision games not be able to shoot center fire at a very high level, but Iíve seen the reverse not be the case.

Plus small bore is cheap ammo, doesnít beat you up, and itís just fun.

Your loss bud.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast