Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never in my life shot a 22lr

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Bouncing around soda cans and shotgun hulls at the Plinking range with suppressed .22 pistols IS fun. Shooting without muffs or plugs shoved in your ears is a MUCH different experience.

That's a nice looking piece. I do need to look into the best option for a suppressed 22lr pistol. I know there is the Ruger but isn't there other options as well? I think I saw a S&W once

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    That's a nice looking piece. I do need to look into the best option for a suppressed 22lr pistol. I know there is the Ruger but isn't there other options as well? I think I saw a S&W once
    There's tons of .22 pistols with threaded barrels. Yes, S&W offers the Victory and M&P. Gunmakers mimicking their centerfire guns with rimfire is big business.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Bouncing around soda cans and shotgun hulls at the Plinking range with suppressed .22 pistols IS fun. Shooting without muffs or plugs shoved in your ears is a MUCH different experience.

Those are sweet. I'm not sure why I don't have such a setup. I need to remedy that.

Feedback Score
    I wish every .22lr was a .25 acp.

Feedback Score
    Somehow Youtube knew i was posting in this thread and recommended a video of guys shooting potential lethal hits to a ballistic dummy at 450yds with a 22lr. Moved out to 500yds and it was no longer accurate enought to hit the target. Pretty interesting.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Somehow Youtube knew i was posting in this thread and recommended a video of guys shooting potential lethal hits to a ballistic dummy at 450yds with a 22lr. Moved out to 500yds and it was no longer accurate enought to hit the target. Pretty interesting.
    What kinda rifle were they shooting? Link?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    What kinda rifle were they shooting? Link?
    Various rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbC7ybsAz4
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Old video of a buddy of mine burning 1k rounds in FA...might be a good option for the OP if he wants to catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0s_62jXuk
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    That would put a smile on your face

Feedback Score

I've never in my life shot a 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You have missed out
    Agree….and is still missing out.

All I’ll say is a cheap Henry lever action 22 and a big box of cheap ammo makes for a very fun afternoon of plinking.

Especially if hanging with a couple friends and shooting games for quarter bets….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 11-28-23 at 22:18.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast