Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig M11-A1

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Own many Sig handguns, never been bitten. I know my beloved HK guns have been known to pinch peoples fingers even though I'm not in the percentile, I know it happens. Sig, never heard that story.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That skinny trigger gets swapped out on every one that I get.
    Some remove material from the end.
    Armory Craft has the skinny trigger that's adjustable.
    Removing some of the DA pretravel seems to work.

My hands are to big for the skinny trigger.
    Straight ones give me a more consistent finger placement.

The M11-A1 has the heaviest trigger pull than any of the others.
    Mine had over 12 lbs part way through the DA and around 5 in SA.
    Quite a bit more than my other P series.

Got it down to 6.5 lbs DA and 3.5 SA, clean break and a short reset with a 20 lb main spring.
    That pretty much ruined the others and they wound up tossed in the money pit.

Feedback Score
    That short reach trigger that came on the M11-A1 pinched the crap out of the pad of my finger. I replaced it straight away with the standard P229 trigger, and the issue went away. More recently, I replaced that with one of Gray Guns’ enhanced leverage systems. It came with a medium curved trigger and it does not pinch either. I don’t have meaty hands, so I am not certain why I had that problem.

Feedback Score
    I'm have medium to large hands, so I'm concerned that the SA pull might be too short. If it pinches or is too short, I'll replace the trigger.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I own a number of SIG pistols and none have ever bitten my finger.

Nice pistol OP.
    My 239 is bad about pinching my snausage finger. My 226 just slightly. Both have short reach triggers. The original P226 had the standard trigger and it never pinched.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I shot my M11-9 for the first time today. I started off with Geco 124gr FMJ. Based on my experience over the years, this is a middle of the road power load. It's not weak, but it's not in the NATO or +P range either. I've had great success with it. When I was shooting the first 15rd magazine, I immediately noticed that the ejection was extremely weak. The spent cases went to the left, right and straight up. The last cartridge in the magazine failed to feed and the slide didn't lock back after I rechambered and shot it. The second magazine through it functioned 100%, though it didn't lock back on the empty magazine either. I put a total of 100rds of the Geco through it. As I was shooting, the ejection improved with spent cases more reliably going to the right instead of all over the place. The final six magazines of this cartridge all locked back on empty. I then changed over to shooting Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ. The first 15rd magazine thought it ran 100% with the ejection even more to the right, though still a bit weak. After the first magazine, I threaded my TiRant 9 suppressor on the M11-A1. I shot 85rds more though it using the suppressor without issue. The accuracy of this pistol was great. It hit right where I put the sights, though suppressor height sights would have definitely helped. I was even able to hit a metal silhouette at 50 yards a few times. The feel of the grip and overall ergonomics can't be beat in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats on the M11. I have a West German P228, same as the original M11 but not. It's one of the finest pistols I've ever owned. It's a great shooter and very reliable. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12