Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope Dope

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't get fancy.

Working/edc guns, I memorize dope to 600 in 100yd increments. Most of the time I can remember the 50 increment. I also write dope in sharpie or paint pen down the side of the gun and/or on the lens cap.

Laminated dope card and maybe a reticle map in notebook to back up the above, and for less frequently used guns.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I tape my DOPE to the side of my gun. If you are shooting longer distances, make sure you use the proper elevation. I practice at 1,250 and hunt at 5,000. Doesn't matter much out to 600 yards but beyond it matters.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I also do a lot of long range shooting, from PRS matches to long range hunting. For competition, i have Sidewinder dope cards that velcro to my actual chassis and are flexible so i can see them when behind the gun: https://www.shortactionprecision.com...pe-card-holder. I like these because i can make a specific card for each stage, that only has my dope for those distances, so there isn't too much information clutter. But you could keep easy dope from 200-1,000 in there for each rifle.

For hunting, i use a quarterback arm band that has my specific dope for that gun out to 1,200 yards, including dope for 10mph wind holds. Like this https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...3wndwwstcchftb
    I have used this exact item since the olden days of desert tramping. Dope on the outside, radio and comms quick reference on the inner flap. Of course, you'd add whatever else you might want in plan of that, but this is a method that still works for me. I don't even have to move my cheek off the stock to look down at my left arm and double check my info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I have used this exact item since the olden days of desert tramping. Dope on the outside, radio and comms quick reference on the inner flap. Of course, you'd add whatever else you might want in plan of that, but this is a method that still works for me. I don't even have to move my cheek off the stock to look down at my left arm and double check my info.
    Ya, it works well, and is my preferred method if i'm not shooting matches with complex courses of fire. I've tried taping dope cards to the stock, but didn't love that method, and factors like elevation, temperature, and humidity change the data, so my dope is rarely the exact same. The arm guard is quick and always easy to see, and you can change out cards quickly.
    Last edited by B Cart; 12-22-23 at 20:40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12