Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amnesty Form 1 Update (?)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Of course, there's no way to know what the ATF will actually do because they don't follow the law. That said, I think one thing to keep in mind is that the power of amnesty is based on law that delegated the President said power. He can do an amnesty at any time. Nothing in the law allows the President to revoke an amnesty. That would completely defeat the purpose of having them and pretty much any should toss out any charges based on a revoked amnesty. In theory, a court could toss out the amnesty, but I don't see that happening. The solution here is simple. Those who don't want their guns in the registry can just send a letter to the ATF removing them. We'll see what happens.
    What do you think the chances are that the ATF actually deletes the registration information they already collected? My guess is slim to none. But it does get you out of the SBR constraints on transport etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    That thought had crossed my mind as well. The smart move for the ATF would be for them to accept the amnesty form 1s and move on from it. Because, like you said, making a thing about it could give standing to a group of people to challenge the SBR part of the NFA. If they revoked them I'd probably just resubmit and pay the stamp. It's not like I don't already have 5 or 6 stamps in my name.
    Talk about a complete fugazi. Not legal, legal with a brace, not legal with a brace, legal with form from the ATF as an SBR, then that SBR is illegal, and once an SBR- taking off the stock it still is an SBR, but are then braced rifles kosher or not?

I'm sure that the ATF would love to go after people, but I'm not sure how the trials would go trying to explain at the illegality.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12