Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells' new retro uppers

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Bushmaster is selling out of their older grey A2 stocks, I just ordered one. Will do a side by side with a Colt A2 that I just swapped out. The new Colt AR15A4 rifles do not have the yeee old greyish stock color of yore... Hoping the BM does and is of sufficient quality.

https://www.bushmaster.com/shop/snak...-discontinued/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    Bushmaster is selling out of their older grey A2 stocks, I just ordered one. Will do a side by side with a Colt A2 that I just swapped out. The new Colt AR15A4 rifles do not have the yeee old greyish stock color of yore... Hoping the BM does and is of sufficient quality.
    I don't remember ever trying an A2 stock that I thought was lacking.... unlike most of the A1 aftermarket options.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Awesome. Thanks!
    No problem. I like them enough that I have them on almost every rifle I have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post

https://www.bushmaster.com/shop/snak...-discontinued/
    Was not aware that the newer Colt A4 stocks were not in grey anymore. Last ones I got from Brownells a couple years ago were.

But anyways, that grey/silver color is actually a finish or dry film lube of some sort. It's not actually the color of the polymer that the stock body is made of. I ordered a couple A2 stocks from Fulton that were uncoated and as black as Zytel normally looks. The Fulton A2 stocks were obviously made by the same place that was making the Colt stocks I got around the same time based on the marks left by the molds. The only difference is that the Colt stocks were grey/silver finished.

I noticed that the grey/silver look was a finish on the Colt stocks when the toothbrush I was using to clean them along with warm soapy water was darkening from scrubbing the stock down.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-24-23 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    No problem. I like them enough that I have them on almost every rifle I have.
    Just now ordered 1 myself to see what I get compared to what I have already on hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Just now ordered 1 myself to see what I get compared to what I have already on hand.
    Where do you normally get them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't remember ever trying an A2 stock that I thought was lacking.... unlike most of the A1 aftermarket options.
    The current/modern A2 stocks suck in that the off white yellow foam fill they use is much softer than the hard darker yellow foam fill of the older A2 stocks.

Something about the old hard foam being regulated out of use by the EPA according to Mike of NoDak Spud (H&R/PSA).
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-24-23 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownells and another place I don't recall. Might have been JSE Surplus, not sure, they seem to be the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Brownells and another place I don't recall. Might have been JSE Surplus, not sure, they seem to be the same.
    I never got one from JSE. All I know is that the A1 bird cage flash hiders on the Brownells site look very similar to the ones on the Innovative Industries site that are finished in Black Oxide.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast