Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350 Legend Issues

Feedback Score
    Yes it is a Ruger packaged specific 350 Legend 5 round mag. Made by C products. I didn’t specify that.

Ran two different bolts, with a carbine weighted buffer and a carbine buffer spring. Ran fine. Thanks for the help! I can’t believe I didn’t think of trying a different bolt. Live and learn.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
    Thanks for the help! I can’t believe I didn’t think of trying a different bolt. Live and learn.
    You're welcome.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes it is a Ruger packaged specific 350 Legend 5 round mag. Made by C products. I didn’t specify that.

Ran two different bolts, with a carbine weighted buffer and a carbine buffer spring. Ran fine. Thanks for the help! I can’t believe I didn’t think of trying a different bolt. Live and learn.
    Nice! So it was the crappy (but really nicely finished ) Anderson BCG. Glad you got it rolling!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Nice! So it was the crappy (but really nicely finished ) Anderson BCG. Glad you got it rolling!
    A lesson for us all to learn from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I rest my case

Feedback Score
    I purchased a BCM carrier and bolt, ran like a champ. Fired 5 single rounds, locked back every time. Fired a full mag of 5 flawlessly, with a last round lock back.

So I don’t have pin guages, so I used the smooth shafts of drill bits. After swapping other bolts into the Anderson, and using drill bits to measure. The only thing that I can say is different between the two good bolt carriers and the Anderson is the gas key, without having a spec drawing. The difference was the depth of cut of the I.D. gas key. The Anderson was literally 1/4 inch deeper before it narrows I.D. That being said, I would assume the gas tube wasn’t sealing inside the gas key properly. After looking at that area, after seeing this there is what looks like extra carbon build up on the front face of the of the upper, where the gas tube enters the upper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I purchased a BCM carrier and bolt, ran like a champ. Fired 5 single rounds, locked back every time. Fired a full mag of 5 flawlessly, with a last round lock back.

So I don’t have pin guages, so I used the smooth shafts of drill bits. After swapping other bolts into the Anderson, and using drill bits to measure. The only thing that I can say is different between the two good bolt carriers and the Anderson is the gas key, without having a spec drawing. The difference was the depth of cut of the I.D. gas key. The Anderson was literally 1/4 inch deeper before it narrows I.D. That being said, I would assume the gas tube wasn’t sealing inside the gas key properly. After looking at that area, after seeing this there is what looks like extra carbon build up on the front face of the of the upper, where the gas tube enters the upper.
    School of the American Rifle has many videos on YouTube explaining how gas efficiency of the BCG makes a huge difference in an AR running or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    You're already drilling the gas port too large, so I'd trash the barrel as well and buy a midlength gassed barrel with the correct size gas port for the cartridge.
    The barrel may be salvageable via BRT(a vendor here)gas tube or adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The barrel may be salvageable via BRT(a vendor here)gas tube or adjustable gas block.
    You're correct.

Now that he has it working. Clint may know the correct amount of gas for that cartridge to cycle properly and sell him a tube. With the working BCG he may now be getting too much gas and can soften her up with the right tube. I'd at least give it a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12