Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Dead Air?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What is going on with Dead Air?

I'm reading a lot of people aren't happy with Dead Air right now and QC issues are popping up left and right. From a company that is so huge in the suppressor business I can't imagine this type of issue can last if they are smart.

Anyone know anything about this?

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Sierra 5s are committing suicide due to improperly cast baffles and owners with RMAs for warranty repair are in the 7+ month wait to get their cans back while receiving radio silence from DA in the meantime.

I own 2 DA cans, a Sandman K and a Sierra 5, and I won't consider buying another because of the ongoing S5 debacle.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I picked up a KeyMo hub adaptor yesterday specifically because I like the system…but not sure whether they’ll be making them by the time my can is released in 9 months.

There are a lot of very unhappy people, and the company has not helped things.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was really wanting to get a Wolfman for my KP9 and some handgun shooting for shits and giggles. It blows my mind that as big as they are in the Suppressor world they are allowing this to happen.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have 3 DA cans and about 5 rifles with their muzzle devices on them. I planned to stay heavily invested in DA until I started seeing news like this. I went to a training with a guy who had a tan Sierra 5 that destroyed itself.

I think I will be going Huxworx moving forward.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat. My next can is going to be a Velos specifically to have a low backpressure, modular mount can. If I only ever planned on one rifle, I'd just pick up an RC2 and be done with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I think I will be going Huxworx moving forward.
    I am curious about the flow through. Wondering how much louder they are than a more traditional.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I am curious about the flow through. Wondering how much louder they are than a more traditional.
    I’m waiting on a Velos to get out of jail, but it’s my understanding that some of it is subjective. It will be louder at the muzzle, but quieter at the port.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What made you guys go with the Velos over a Huxwrx?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    What made you guys go with the Velos over a Huxwrx?
    It’s probably silly, but the swirling end of the huxwrx looked problematic to me. Knowing me, I would end up getting shit in the end of it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast