Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Dead Air?

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    If I need customer service later with my Wolfman will it be there?
    Only you can determine if this is important to you or not. Thinking back on when AAC went backrupt, I'd wager it's worth avoiding DA with the writing that's on the wall.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dead Air doesn't actually machine the Sierra 5. They are beholden to the company that does the machine work and how fast they can make the repairs. My Dead Air Sandman L is made by KG Made. The Sierra silencers are made by a different company. The first three characters of the serial number will tell you the name of the machine shop. Dead Air may have dropped the ball on the quality control front or The problem didn't occur during their approval process or the problem is outside their current testing parameters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Only you can determine if this is important to you or not. Thinking back on when AAC went bankrupt, I'd wager it's worth avoiding DA with the writing that's on the wall.
    Agreed. It's unfortunately because they make probably one of the best rimfire can on the market, which I would love to have a second one of. But as things stand, I won't be risking it until things get settled.

From the looks of things, the company that was manufacturing the cans for DA was fired by them, and DA has been dealing with the logistics of getting the cans repaired and also finding a new manufacturer. I don't envy them. But the lack of communication is hard to forgive.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Prince View Post
    Dead Air doesn't actually machine the Sierra 5. They are beholden to the company that does the machine work and how fast they can make the repairs. My Dead Air Sandman L is made by KG Made. The Sierra silencers are made by a different company. The first three characters of the serial number will tell you the name of the machine shop. Dead Air may have dropped the ball on the quality control front or The problem didn't occur during their approval process or the problem is outside their current testing parameters.
    I had no idea Dead Air didn't 100% make their suppressors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know who makes the Wolfman for DA?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Why is this even a consideration? You’re seeing product issues AND business (CS) issues and you still want to try them, especially considering all the ass pain going into NFA items?

Does no one else make a can that fits your requirements?

Seems like insanity to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why is this even a consideration? You’re seeing product issues AND business (CS) issues and you still want to try them, especially considering all the ass pain going into NFA items?

Does no one else make a can that fits your requirements?

Seems like insanity to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd love to hear a better alternative for the Wolfman suppressor.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If you want to buy once and cry once, Surefire just released the RC3 with reduced back pressure front plate. I’d trust this over anything DA, or Silencer Co.

https://www.silencershop.com/surefir...m-556-rc3.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I'd love to hear a better alternative for the Wolfman suppressor.
    The yhm r9 would be a viable alternative. Not sure about better - depends on your priorities.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For what it's worth I did read this

It's not necessarily Dead Air, a lot of it is KGM got bad batches of Stellite for baffles (Sierra 5 issues), and then they started pitching a fit and throwing DA (who is now their direct competitor), and their customers under warranty contacts, under the bus because DA pulled their contract with them, and are going to use another sub. I wouldn't buy a damn thing from KGM ever after how they're treating DA customers who send in warranty claims. And until Dead Air gets shit situated, I'm good with the 4 quality DA cans that I have.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast