Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Cleaning sludge from my AR

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    32,698
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why the fukk is a gun thread in GD? Shouldn't this have gone to AR GD?? Anyway...

    I got a taste of this goo last night when I worked on a few of the guns in question. I can't believe how nasty it is. This would make for a good removable thread locker.

    I'm pretty sure we both have the same batch of FL, and I've had nothing even close to this experience. All we can figure is it's the volume applied or perhaps the temp swings of a garage safe or some combo of both.

    I pulled my buffer/spring on my main blaster of late on Thursday, and it's perfect. Bone dry like it should be.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    5,308
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't even think I can blame this one on the CCI 41s. I think this was Wolf Primers and H322 load. I don't even know where the anvil was hiding. I just saw it on the table when I pulled the trigger out. I guess it was under the trigger since we couldn't see it.
    Foreign objects love to slip under AR triggers and cause mischief. That's why I just don't like the G2S version of Bill's trigger; tiny parts to lose when you remove the trigger at the range/in the field.

    Andy

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,851
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I got a taste of this goo last night when I worked on a few of the guns in question. I can't believe how nasty it is. This would make for a good removable thread locker.

    I'm pretty sure we both have the same batch of FL, and I've had nothing even close to this experience.
    A mix of incompatible lubricants? I know some mixes can clot up pretty badly though I don't recall which.
    Last edited by Disciple; 12-03-23 at 12:59.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4,103
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Foreign objects love to slip under AR triggers and cause mischief. That's why I just don't like the G2S version of Bill's trigger; tiny parts to lose when you remove the trigger at the range/in the field.

    Andy
    ??? It has the same amount of parts as a SSA.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    WY
    Posts
    1,104
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ??? It has the same amount of parts as a SSA.
    The G2S has those tiny clips.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4,103
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    The G2S has those tiny clips.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Forgot totally about that.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midland, Georgia
    Posts
    2,052
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Foreign objects love to slip under AR triggers and cause mischief. That's why I just don't like the G2S version of Bill's trigger; tiny parts to lose when you remove the trigger at the range/in the field.
    Good gosh, man -- how often do you have to do that?!

    The G2S with D-clip spring (the second is a spare) has exactly the same parts count as a factory stock OEM semi-only AR trigger (the stock hammer has a J-spring installed) -- and I've never disassembled either at a range or in the field, either.

    The A2 trigger is much more complicated with a burst cam and spring and two disconnectors and springs.


  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    32,698
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    A mix of incompatible lubricants? I know some mixes can clot up pretty badly thought I don't recall which.
    I'd love to know WTF happened. It's unbelievable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,527
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Froglube is garbage. I gave up on that shit ages ago for this exact reason...It oxidizes over time and gums up like crazy.

    Wash that shit out and put some real oil in there...

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    5,308
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Good gosh, man -- how often do you have to do that?!
    A grand total of once, and it was not a standard 5.56 AR. Still, its a consideration for me and now there are many quality triggers priced competitively with the G2S. I still own and use a G2S, so I don't hate them.

    Andy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •