Thread: M&P 10mm Heavy Cast Bullets

Feedback Score

M&P 10mm Heavy Cast Bullets

So I had the opportunity to pick up a new S&W M&P 2.0 10mm (4.6” barrel) for a steel so I did. Has anyone here been running one? Specifically with heavy cast bullets? I know some of these guns had issues dropping the mags with the really heavy loads. I’ve got a 22 lb. recoil spring and some extra power mag springs coming just in case I run into issues. I already ran a bunch of 180 grain range ammo through it over the weekend with no problems.

I’ve got to say I really like how it shoots. It feels much less snappy than my gen 3 Glock 20. Maybe it’s the grip angle and ergos. Maybe it’s in my head. It certainly feels better in my hand. But I carry 10mm in bear country and it’s going to have to be absolutely reliable with the heavy stuff. If not I’ll just have some fun with it at the range and will keep packing the G20. I just can’t help myself trying out new shit. I have a problem for sure! So if any of you knuckleheads already have this platform figured out could you share with a fellow knucklehead?

Hope y’all had a great Thanksgiving!

Heavyweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been working up a 200 grain gas checked hard cast load. I'm trying to get 1200 fps. Haven't got there yet.
    No reliability issues. I've got a 22 and 24 pound springs as well as the Springer extra power mag spring. So far I've just been using the 22 pound spring and no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I also switched from a Glock 20 to the M&P 2.0 in 10mm, and like the M&P much better. I carry it in a Kenai chest holster with TLR-1 light and Trijicon RMR. I mainly shoot 165 and 180 gr factory ammo, and carry outdoors with DoubleTap 200 gr solids (1,300 fps).

As for reliability, I did change a few things just to be safe, although I didn't have any malfunctions before upgrading the parts. After doing a lot of research, I installed a Galloway Precision 24lb guide rod and spring, and upgraded the mag springs to the Springer Precision ones. I did this to ensure reliability with the 200 gr solids (after reading about some people having issues online) and so far it's been flawless with everything i've put through it. I've only got around 500 rounds through it so far, but haven't had a single malfunction. I've probably run around 100 rounds of the heavier 200gr solids so far after the upgrades.