Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Anyone ever make LEGO block guns?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,678
    Feedback Score
    0

    Anyone ever make LEGO block guns?

    As a kid of the 70's I once made an M16A1 out of LEGOs. I spray painted it black. I'll be damned if every time I dove for cover in my grandparent's imaginary Vietnam woodline it didn't break in half.....had to quickly snap it back together in order to continue the assault!

    I see these "sets" of LEGOs advertised now that are for a specific project (like a castle or a spaceship, which essentially make it a puzzle) and I always wonder if I could make an M16A1 out of it? Kind of takes any imagination out of it.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-28-23 at 18:51.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    771
    Feedback Score
    0
    I built a Lego pistol once when I was on a trip to Austria with my family. It was pretty crude and blocky, but this really nice man we called Mr Gaston offered to buy it from me for a dollar. He made me sign a bunch of ndas and I didn't think much of it until years later I saw it in the movie die hard 2.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,712
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lego made a MP5 kit a few years back, almost bought one but honestly those custom kits seem like a cheat to me.

    I stopped messing around with Legos about the same time I stopped messing around with Lincoln Logs, it was fun but you move on. At least for me anyhow, I have adult friends who collect that shit including the kits. They go to the lego museum and are sorta like adult "disney" people. I knew a couple that was so disney they had their honeymoon there.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,678
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Lego made a MP5 kit a few years back, almost bought one but honestly those custom kits seem like a cheat to me.

    I stopped messing around with Legos about the same time I stopped messing around with Lincoln Logs, it was fun but you move on. At least for me anyhow, I have adult friends who collect that shit including the kits. They go to the lego museum and are sorta like adult "disney" people. I knew a couple that was so disney they had their honeymoon there.
    LOL no doubt, but even then you could tell where my mind was at!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,712
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    LOL no doubt, but even then you could tell where my mind was at!
    Thankfully I had all the toy guns, cap guns and squirt guns I wanted. One of my favorites was a toy M-16 that came out after the tv show SWAT (1975). I was that retard kid running around the front yard and climbing a rope up into a tree while doing the SWAT theme "dunna dunna dunna dunna dunna dunna dunna."
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,030
    Feedback Score
    0
    I heard of guys making a mold out of legos and melting beer cans into a 80% lower, does that count?
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    771
    Feedback Score
    0
    Larami cap and water guns were the best. Found my EDC from age 8-14 at a local gun store for $5. It's in my top drawer. They changed from black with brown grips to maroon with black grips. Still smell that strip cap gunpowder

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,712
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Larami cap and water guns were the best. Found my EDC from age 8-14 at a local gun store for $5. It's in my top drawer. They changed from black with brown grips to maroon with black grips. Still smell that strip cap gunpowder

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Yep. Remember cap bombs?

    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    254
    Feedback Score
    0
    Google Lego guns or something like that. There are some off brand company making gun kits. I think I’ve seen a 1911, Thompson, and AK. They are pretty cool and I do still enjoy a Lego every now and then but haven’t bought any of these off brand guns.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    185
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •