Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which Aimpoint is the top dog

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

which Aimpoint is the top dog

I have H-1 and maybe H2's and T1 and T2's

Are H better than T, I think one offers night vision ?
    What does the T2 do that the T1 doesn't do?

I can start the research but if anyone knows the real skinny real quick, hit a brother up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Out of those listed T-2.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    H = no night vision and lower water resistance (downgrade from T)

1 = more tint and parallax (someone check me on the parallax)

2 = second generation AKA newer

T-2 is pinnacle of the micros currently, as it has the max water resistance, best glass, and night vision settings.

Personally, I am not convinced the H has any less waterproofing. The ide they have separate lines for producing something like that seems far fetched. So unless you are a SEAL, the H is effectively equal to the T if you don’t use NODs.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I have some CompM4’s too. I can’t believe what they are asking for those AND they keep selling them. Makes you wonder if they keep filling contracts.
    PB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My T1’s brightness settings are “better” than my T2’s…it’s kind of annoying. If I’m on brightness 8 on my T1 and I need to be on 10 for my t2 to match.

With that said, I still don’t think you can go wrong with anything aimpoint. I have sent one old R1 in for a repair and a t2 for a stripped helicoil. Both fixed and returned with no charge to me, the r1 was way out of warranty.

Feedback Score
    Big fan of my M5, FWIW
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Big fan of my M5, FWIW
    That is the new big kid on the block, nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I need one more Aimpoint, I’m torn between another Micro and an M5.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I need one more Aimpoint, I’m torn between another Micro and an M5.
    I have not studied them but I like the M5 a whole lot. Its a cross between my Comp M4s and T-1'2's.

I just did an inventory of my Aimpoints and I have a couple questions for those already well studied in Aimpoint University.

I have two Comp M4"s". What does the "S" stand for? Seems like I remember having one where the battery was top right of the window, but both of mine are battery LOW right of window. I think they moved it to get it out of the way of the Field of view? What does S stand for?

And in their lower priced offering, I have a Patrol Rifle Optic. What is the thinking of the quality and value of that optic? And aren't there others similar to that optic. Carbine Optic or some shite. Off to Aimpoints website to do me study.
    Titsonritz, let us know what you decide on? Bite the bullet.

PB

Study for my own edification.The Compare button on their website is a valuable study tool. Edits: I think the S means low battery compartment. Why use "S", I dont know.

In comparing the M5 to T2 , the big thing Aimpoints says is "Advanced optical lenses for enhanced light transmission and ultimate dot clarity; Low battery compartment". So better glass, but you pay a premium for that glass.

That Duty RDS they sell for about half the price looks like an interesting micro. It has to be an outstanding optic for 2010 prices. You probably want and need to buy a mount but grab a Geissele T1 mount and be solid. That Geissele mount is my budget goto.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-03-23 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

which Aimpoint is the top dog

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    ….
    And in their lower priced offering, I have a Patrol Rifle Optic. What is the thinking of the quality and value of that optic? And aren't there others similar to that optic. Carbine Optic or some shite. Off to Aimpoints website to do me study.
    ….
    I got a Duty RDS recently and it is very well built.
    I had a PRO for a lot of years and it is a great optic, but in their lower priced range, I would go Duty RDS.
    Last edited by 202; 12-03-23 at 17:25.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast