Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: which Aimpoint is the top dog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I was wanting an ACRO to top off or side mount my NF 1-8. But it requires plates and confusion I have not been able to get my head around. Even considered it as a primary like you suggested for same reasons, before grabbing that M5 for a steal. But since I got it for same price as ACRO, I didn’t. But it’s on the radar for rifle use.

PB
    There are adapters like from Spuhr. Or you can always get a Micro to Acro adapter from Aimpoint. SKU # 200526.

https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/rds/a-0055.html
    https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/rds/a-0227.html

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Aimpo...-45-Mount.html

https://aimpoint.us/micro-interface-acro-mount-plate/
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 12-05-23 at 16:31.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    So that Aimpoint $27 adapter makes it like you have a say T2 micro bottom to your ACRO. Then you buy your a regular micro RDS mount to mount the ACRO?

Is that pretty much the equation?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I was wanting an ACRO to top off or side mount my NF 1-8. But it requires plates and confusion I have not been able to get my head around. Even considered it as a primary like you suggested for same reasons, before grabbing that M5 for a steal. But since I got it for same price as ACRO, I didnít. But itís on the radar for rifle use.

PB
    A Reptilia ROF-90 on top their AUS mount or Geissele optics mount makes it pretty simple and is the route I went.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/30m...2-steiner-mps/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Oh shit that is exactly what I was looking for. It does not look like it requires an adapter plate of any kind ?

Either way that is a Q1 project. Thanks.

Hate to open a can of worms, but where did you zero your ACRO, 50-100?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-06-23 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Oh shit that is exactly what I was looking for. It does not look like it requires an adapter plate of any kind ?

Either way that is a Q1 project. Thanks.

Hate to open a can of worms, but where did you zero your ACRO, 50-100?

PB
    I use a100 yard zero since it has the flattest trajectory out to 200 and the LPVO takes over well before that. The only hold over I have to deal with is very close and Iím use to it.

Feedback Score
    I realized last night night I have an ACO on a Colt 6700. That optic seemed like less of a Aimpoint vs the PRO. My PRO has been great. What I noticed on my ACO is the dot would go from too dim to starburst in a few clicks. The dot would not titrate up evenly. It has always worked just not like other Aimpointís. Its price point reflects it too.
    My .02.

Hey Coal Dragger, I got one with the mount and the whole deal too. Hope that mount is nice.

PB
    I canít comment on the mount, mine is riding on a Geissele lower 1/3 mount.

Thereís a ton of good mounts for not a ton on money out there, and at the deal you got even if you donít like the factory option, youíre still ahead if you decide on something else.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 12-06-23 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I considered the COMP M5 and the T2 for a long time, but I could never go through with buying one. I'm just not a fan of red dots with small lenses. If Aimpoint could do something with larger lenses than what is on their COMP M4 that would interest me, but they seem to be sticking with the tiny lenses.

And I'd probably be happy enough with the lens size of the COMP M4, but it's probably in need of some updates as it's an older Gen optic at this point.
    I think one of the issues at hand is weight. I, too, prefer the larger window of an M4 or PRO- but I don't like the idea of slapping a 12 oz red dot (the equivalent of a beer can) on top of my rifle. For 12 oz, I'd rather get into magnified prism optics.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I think one of the issues at hand is weight. I, too, prefer the larger window of an M4 or PRO- but I don't like the idea of slapping a 12 oz red dot (the equivalent of a beer can) on top of my rifle. For 12 oz, I'd rather get into magnified prism optics.
    Hard time not going that route myself... Every time I've had Aimpoint money I bought an ACOG. I did test the waters on Holographic optics with a Vortex UH-1 Gen 2 because of the large window, but it is heavy for what it is. Though it did convince me that I don't want to use small lensed optics like the T2. Now if Aimpoint could do something similar to the Trijicon MRO but without the terrible parallax I'd probably want to try that out. I do kind of want to try out the MRO HD because it apparently doesn't have the parallax issues of the regular MRO.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    want to try out the MRO HD
    I recently exited the ďcheaper opticsĒ phase of my life, and I also would like to try out the MRO HD, along with the Sig 4xt Pro. But those prices are super close to T-2 prices, so I end up looking at used T-2ís.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I recently exited the “cheaper optics” phase of my life, and I also would like to try out the MRO HD, along with the Sig 4xt Pro. But those prices are super close to T-2 prices, so I end up looking at used T-2’s.
    That's my problem with the MRO HD. It's just so close to T2 prices and still has some issues that the T2 doesn't have... That's why there needs to be an Aimpoint version of the MRO HD.

Somehow optics that don't exist seem to be the perfect optics for me.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast