Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: 2023 U.S. Army question.......

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,646
    Feedback Score
    0

    2023 U.S. Army question.......

    If you were a new recruit would you be issued the old-fashioned "Pinks and Greens" dress uniform in Basic? Or is it still the Blues?

    I will add that the "C**t Cap" would be ideal for enlisted; the B-17 Bomber pilot headgear should be for officers.

    Yeah I Googled it and got articles about the new uniform but no links to if it is being actively issued to new soldiers.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-01-23 at 22:15.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midland, Georgia
    Posts
    2,052
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They're issued the "Pinks and Greens" Army Green Service Uniform with c~nt cap here at Moore (Benning).

    "6.11.3 Station 1
    • 1 pair of dress shoes

    6.11.4 Station 2
    • Tan dress shirt
    • 1 long sleeve
    • 1 short sleeve
    • 1 Garrison cap

    6.11.5 Station 3
    • Males will be issued 2 pair Trousers. Females will be issued 2 pair of slacks. Trousers
    and slacks will be altered the same day and returned.

    6.11.6 Station 4
    • One Men's AGSU Coat. Alterations needed to the coat are annotated on the repair tag.
    The coat will be altered and ready for pick up 21 days before graduation.

    6.11.7 Station 5
    • 1 All Weather Coat
    • Black Dress gloves
    • US Insignia x 2
    • Necktie for males
    • Neck tab for females
    • Belt"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,706
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    As sinister said, Pinks and Greens. It’s been that way for a few years but there have been hiccups along the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,253
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been depressed since we gave up on khakis

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,706
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The Pinks and Greens are nice. I was pissed about having to get another uniform but they look good, feel more functional (ASU shoulder boards ALWAYS fall off), and at least the Marlow White version is a significant comfort upgrade. Lots of money though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    6,855
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The Pinks and Greens are nice. I was pissed about having to get another uniform but they look good, feel more functional (ASU shoulder boards ALWAYS fall off), and at least the Marlow White version is a significant comfort upgrade. Lots of money though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I wonder how much a full set costs. My first sea bag as a navy officer was almost 1,500 bucks. Made me miss being enlisted for sure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6,789
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    They're issued the "Pinks and Greens" Army Green Service Uniform with c~nt cap here at Moore (Benning).

    "6.11.3 Station 1
    • 1 pair of dress shoes

    6.11.4 Station 2
    • Tan dress shirt
    • 1 long sleeve
    • 1 short sleeve
    • 1 Garrison cap

    6.11.5 Station 3
    • Males will be issued 2 pair Trousers. Females will be issued 2 pair of slacks. Trousers
    and slacks will be altered the same day and returned.

    6.11.6 Station 4
    • One Men's AGSU Coat. Alterations needed to the coat are annotated on the repair tag.
    The coat will be altered and ready for pick up 21 days before graduation.

    6.11.7 Station 5
    • 1 All Weather Coat
    • Black Dress gloves
    • US Insignia x 2
    • Necktie for males
    • Neck tab for females
    • Belt"
    How are the alterations handled if someone has a fairly extreme body size swing between the day measurements were taken and graduation day?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,706
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I wonder how much a full set costs. My first sea bag as a navy officer was almost 1,500 bucks. Made me miss being enlisted for sure.
    Damn, that’s insane. My order was $1,130 and change with tax and shipping. Obviously some variation for awards and bagels, I got their QR guide, show polish, and the optional service cap for $119 so probably right around $1k for most people. Then tailoring…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midland, Georgia
    Posts
    2,052
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How are the alterations handled if someone has a fairly extreme body size swing between the day measurements were taken and graduation day?
    "6.12 Quartermaster Refit

    6.12.1 Quartermaster Refit is an event when the IET soldiers return to exchange clothing items and footwear prior to Graduation due to significant weight loss/gain or normal fair wear and tear. The refitting unit should arrive at their scheduled time dressed in the physical fitness uniform."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,035
    Feedback Score
    0
    Now if the USAF would get rid of their "insurance salesman" look and introduce a proper military uniform. CSAF McPeak can take the credit for the current fiasco.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •