Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 U.S. Army question.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The Pinks and Greens are nice. I was pissed about having to get another uniform but they look good, feel more functional (ASU shoulder boards ALWAYS fall off), and at least the Marlow White version is a significant comfort upgrade. Lots of money though.
    Yes, I think they look sharp as hell. Definitely an upgrade from looking like you just rolled out of Gettysburg or Little Big Horn! I think they even look better than the dress greens I had "back in the day". The USMC forest green dress uniform has always looked sharp and has been a mainstay since WWII (or maybe even longer?).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been depressed since we gave up on khakis
    Yes, those looked good too. Even the Marines cut out the khakis.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You could PCS and lug a suitcase and a duffle through three Airports and not look like a sack of crap wearing those.
    In the meantime my $2.49 a month clothing allowance isn't buying a set of Pinks and Greens.

Feedback Score
    I liked the Army khaki summer uniform but only wore it twice (when PCSing to the ROK and back). I don’t recall ever wearing the onesI was issued though, I bought a set of TW’s (like the Officers wore), they looked so much better than the ones made by (IIRC) the “Tennessee Overalls Co.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yes, those looked good too. Even the Marines cut out the khakis.
    They still wear the khaki shirt in the service dress (as well as the corpsman attached who go 'Marine regs').

I still think the Marine service dress (alpha, bravo, and Charlie) are the best looking).

But as far as khaki on khaki, yeah, that went out early 80s I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How are the alterations handled if someone has a fairly extreme body size swing between the day measurements were taken and graduation day?
    I’m not sure how the Army does it but in the Marines about week 11 or 10 now I think after you got back from Pendleton they asked if any of had uniform problems or needed things replaced. Now they did my dress stuff late enough in boot that that fit alright but my Cami’s were huge. I lost 45 lbs and when I first got them they gave me large Regs. By the end of boot I had them buttoned and folded over 4-5 inches in the waist and my blouse could be pulled out a good ways. My Senior said holy shit and the next day those of us that needed stuff were sent over to supply to collect new stuff. I was given medium regs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I’m not sure how the Army does it but in the Marines about week 11 or 10 now I think after you got back from Pendleton they asked if any of had uniform problems or needed things replaced. Now they did my dress stuff late enough in boot that that fit alright but my Cami’s were huge. I lost 45 lbs and when I first got them they gave me large Regs. By the end of boot I had them buttoned and folded over 4-5 inches in the waist and my blouse could be pulled out a good ways. My Senior said holy shit and the next day those of us that needed stuff were sent over to supply to collect new stuff. I was given medium regs.
    I do not recall being re-fitted uniform-wise before the end of our cycle at Ft. Benning (of course this was literally 40 friggin' years ago). I was skinny-in, slightly-less-skinny out. Wouldn't have warranted a uniform change.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I do not recall being re-fitted uniform-wise before the end of our cycle at Ft. Benning (of course this was literally 40 friggin' years ago). I was skinny-in, slightly-less-skinny out. Wouldn't have warranted a uniform change.
    Same here, at FLW in ‘73. I didn’t lose any weight in BCT, I was pretty emaciated when I enlisted (for three hots and a cot). Best deal I ever made. I had my uniforms tailored but it wasn’t necessary,it just looked more professional.
    Last edited by ThirdWatcher; 12-06-23 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How are the alterations handled if someone has a fairly extreme body size swing between the day measurements were taken and graduation day?
    I went through OSUT in 2008, so grain of salt- but we weren't issued Class As or Bs until after our Family Day on week 9 or 10. Infantry OSUT was only 13 weeks then, so I have no clue when they're issued now. I have a few friends who just came off of the trail that I'll ask and will edit this post after I hear back.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    They still wear the khaki shirt in the service dress (as well as the corpsman attached who go 'Marine regs').

I still think the Marine service dress (alpha, bravo, and Charlie) are the best looking).

But as far as khaki on khaki, yeah, that went out early 80s I think.
    I wished they would bring back the division patches on dress uniforms. I was assigned to the First and Third Marine Divisions, and always thought they had a sharp looking patch.

That big blue numeral 1 with "Guadalcanal" and the Southern Cross constellation looked nice.

I do think the new Army pinks and greens look sharp. A few friends recently completed the grunt stuff at Benning, and they looked good when they got their blue rope. A proud day for all of us to watch. They will have jump boots soon, and that will also be very spiffy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast