Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2023 U.S. Army question.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I remember one guy losing like 60 pounds.
    Now mind you, we didn't have a fat boy program per se, they just ran us like sled dogs all day long.
    When it came down to fish or cut bait about 6 guys didn't make weight. I think they offered them the opportunity to recycle, but honestly, they all lost so much weight their skin was hanging off them.
    I have no idea if any of them did recycle.
    The guy who lost 60 pounds got new fatigues twice. His were so baggy at one point they were slowing him down.
    I will never forget the Drill Sergeant scraping food off the trays of the fat and on to the trays of the underweight.
    C'mere Fat Boy. Yes you the guy sweating crisco, No Potatoes for fat asses.
    The OD perma-press fatigues didn't cut it. Nothing stayed in the front pockets and they ripped way to easy. The Class B Khakis were the bomb and the Class A's were blah.
    Last edited by Averageman; 12-06-23 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I wished they would bring back the division patches on dress uniforms. I was assigned to the First and Third Marine Divisions, and always thought they had a sharp looking patch.

That big blue numeral 1 with "Guadalcanal" and the Southern Cross constellation looked nice.

I do think the new Army pinks and greens look sharp. A few friends recently completed the grunt stuff at Benning, and they looked good when they got their blue rope. A proud day for all of us to watch. They will have jump boots soon, and that will also be very spiffy.
    The AGSU looks much better with jump boots to me. ASUs always looked very out of place with the pants bloused.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I wished they would bring back the division patches on dress uniforms. I was assigned to the First and Third Marine Divisions, and always thought they had a sharp looking patch.

That big blue numeral 1 with "Guadalcanal" and the Southern Cross constellation looked nice.
    I agree. The Marines are weird about their uniforms and what they will put on them. My dad was in 1954-75; my mom's cousin was in from 1942-1972. They both bitched about the changes in the late-50s with adding the crossed rifles and chevron changes. "Grumble grumble old corps blah blah blah..." I think the 1st div patch is pretty old corps and would be a great addition, but a lot of 'newer' Marines would probably complain about tradition in their time with lack of context.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I agree. The Marines are weird about their uniforms and what they will put on them. My dad was in 1954-75; my mom's cousin was in from 1942-1972. They both bitched about the changes in the late-50s with adding the crossed rifles and chevron changes. "Grumble grumble old corps blah blah blah..." I think the 1st div patch is pretty old corps and would be a great addition, but a lot of 'newer' Marines would probably complain about tradition in their time with lack of context.
    One of my company's Drill Sergeants (E-7) had a 1st MarDiv combat patch on his right sleeve, 40 years ago of course! Obviously he switched over to the Army at some point.

SFC Oates.....ugly sumbitch.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    One of my company's Drill Sergeants (E-7) had a 1st MarDiv combat patch on his right sleeve, 40 years ago of course! Obviously he switched over to the Army at some point.

I work with soldiers/sailors in the SOCM and SFMS course at Ft. Bragg, some of the soldiers are former Marines, they wear their division patches on their right sleeve. It messes me up sometimes, so see the division patch on multicam.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That's cool that they let them wear a Marine patch on their right sleeve.

Respect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

We had some Army guys attached to us and they wore the division patch. It was weird at first but they were cool and explained it to us.

I think it would be pretty’s sweet if the Marines went back to division patch’s on Alphas and Dress blues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123