Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitten by the HK P30L bug

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Bitten by the HK P30L bug

I own a USP40 and have owned a couple USP9, P2000, and VP9. So I知 not new to HK, just to the P30.

I ordered a P30L in V1 light LEM and got a good deal at a little over $600. I need night sights preferably tall. The factory VP9 supressor height night sights fit and look like the best option but I知 looking at other opinions too.

I may get it milled and I知 looking for recommendations. I know there have been posts here about milling but I知 wanting up to date options. I知 not looking to spend Langdon money but don稚 want cheap quality either.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You'll need the comp from John Wick now. I went down this rabbit hole in a similar way, just paying it forward.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Bitten by the HK P30L bug

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    You'll need the comp from John Wick now. I went down this rabbit hole in a similar way, just paying it forward.

I致e always thought that thing is a little over the top. I don稚 know, maybe if I get bored with it.

How much of a difference does it make?
    Last edited by Waylander; 12-02-23 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh it's ridiculous for sure, just a cool rabbit hole of firearm pop culture to go down. Adds inches and weight at the muzzle but is mostly a fun range accessory, a blast chamber rather than a real comp. Accentuates the blast so somewhat louder but muzzle flip without wasn't an issue so with seems about the same.

The P30L in the config you bought, which I have is just plain amazing and a more modern interoperation of the USP I loved when it came out (although it was a brick).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My first HK was a USP9 but I was dumb and had to have the new hotness P2000 in .40. I got rid of that one and ended up with the USP40 which is kind of a paper weight right now. Then I got a VP9 but never warmed up to it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a P30L but mine is in DASA. I sent a P30 L LEM to Langdon but there are cheaper options. I consider the P30 handguns to be the ultimate in reliability and their mags are a big part of that equation. I think the P30's take training to shoot as well as the VP9's, but they are the top of the chart in many other respects.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah the USP, P2000, HK45 and P30 seem bomb proof. Plus I知 in a mood for a hammer fired gun over a striker. I already expected it to take more training but I知 fine with that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I’ve always thought that thing is a little over the top. I don’t know, maybe if I get bored with it.
    Who makes that thing?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a USP 9 and a P-30 9mm. The USP gets primary duty as the "short" in my 2 gun set up. The P-30 is back in the factory case waiting to be sold. Nothing wrong with the P-30, I just like the USP better.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Who makes that thing?
    HK parts I think. I have a hard core HK shooter that does matches each week with HK’S. Said he was going to do one. Sumpin for everybody.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast