Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magtech steel cased 9mm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a case to try out a few month ago. Didn't get around to shooting any until a couple weeks ago. I had a 2 or 3 failures to extract in 50 rounds or so through my Macro. Will need to try through some other pistols to see if it consistently does this, or just doesn't like the p365.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I bought a case to try out a few month ago. Didn't get around to shooting any until a couple weeks ago. I had a 2 or 3 failures to extract in 50 rounds or so through my Macro. Will need to try through some other pistols to see if it consistently does this, or just doesn't like the p365.
    were the casings stuck, or just not enough juice to cycle?

Feedback Score
    Runs fine in my Staccato CS, in my 43x with PMM comp I get the occasional stuck case FTE.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    were the casings stuck, or just not enough juice to cycle?
    Felt like like the casings were stuck. The rounds didn't feel weak at all. I've read accounts of P365s being a bit picky with ammo, so I'm chalking it up to that until I try it in some different pistols.

I will add that my P365s have been fine with everything else I've put through them. Including CCI aluminum cased stuff, but I've yet to shoot any steel cased through any of them. Have a case of Wolf laying around that I'll try.

ETA: I was able to remove the casings simply by dropping the slide, having the extractor re-engage the rim and then wracking the slide. No drama.
    Last edited by georgeib; 03-27-24 at 11:14.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Today I put 100rds through my Rock Island Armory MAP1 MS (clone of a Tanfoglio clone of a CZ75). It ran 100% and accuracy was very good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Today I put 100rds through my Rock Island Armory MAP1 MS (clone of a Tanfoglio clone of a CZ75). It ran 100% and accuracy was very good.
    I own a BUL Armory Cherokee Compact, a CZ-75 clone as well. Maybe it would run well in that gun too, as it did in yours?
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    I would think that it would run well in the Cherokee Compact. In fact, I haven't found a gun that won't run it yet. Today I put 100rds through my Girsan MC18 (S&W 59 clone). It ran 100% without any issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12