Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me chose a new truck

Feedback Score

Help me chose a new truck

I need a new truck, and I can't make up my mind.

Option 1 Dodge TRX

Option 2 send a Toyota Tacoma to a tuner for the motor to get the max horse power out of it. Lift kit, bumpers etc etc.
    If you chose this option and you know a Toyota wizard send contact info please

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Dodge has a terrible reputation. At least down here on the lower east coast. I have a Tacoma. You cannot beat the durability and resale value. If I wanted a full size truck it would be a Ford. I drove them for years. Get youself a Raptor!

Feedback Score
    I bought a 2022 Silverado 13 months ago. I only have ~ 6K miles on it so the purported "lifter problem" hasn't reared it's ugly head yet. Taking it out of state before too long so we'll see....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    By "new", do you mean a brand new truck, or one that's new to you?

Either way, I'll never own a Dodge of any kind.

Feedback Score
    Iíve had three dodges now, and theyíve all been solid, but they were diesels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I mean new as in zero miles.

Feedback Score
    I assume the last gen Tacoma and not the new ones? (I’m not sure if the new Gen Taco is out yet.)

Going with a 50 cal or a DShK on the back?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Yeah if I go Toyota it will be a new 2023. 2024 they are nothing more than a prius as far as I am concerned.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really like the taco, but the cabin space is just too small for me...I've been happy with the 20 tundra so far with zero issues. I know nothing of their new power plant since replacing the 5.7

I haven't kept up but, heard that ford was going back to a larger displacement for the raptor...I know we got bird owners here so maybe they can chime in.

Really surprised GM hasn't gotten in the hi HP truck game as the LT4 power plant is solid & would be a good fit.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a 2020 Ram Rebel purchased new in Oct 2020. The Rebel is a poor manís TRX, 1Ē factory lift, better suspension, etcÖ Absolutely love it. Came to the Ram from a 2012 F-150 Lariat (which was also new). The only thing I miss from my Ford is the 3.5L Ecoboost twin turbo gas engine. My Ram has the 5.7L Hemi V8. Ram just recently announced they are phasing out the Hemi V8 in favor of an I-6 twin turbo gas engine to no doubt compete with the Ford Ecoboost as well as deal with the EPA BS.

The TRX is awesome but too rich for my desires and need. But did I say itís awesome? The hellcat engine at 700 hp and 650 ft lbs torque is incredible - except the gas mileage.

About your only similar competition is the Ford Raptor. Itís no slouch with (I think new 3.7L twin turbo) at 400+ HP but I recall Ford is coming out with a Raptor R to better compete with the TRX.

If I were to look again for another 1/2 ton, If not another Ram, Iíd look hard at the F-150 Tremor. Itís Fordís poor manís Raptor and competitor to the Ram Rebel.

I did a lot of research on the Ram and as you will see, they get high reviews. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast