Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
I think they specifically went with the UMP to give Craig as the new Bond a 21st century look. As to the UMP, how do you think they compare to the B&T offerings? I mean, if you can’t do the SLAP, I’m a lot less brand loyal.
So given all the polymer involved, I don't MP5 slap my UMP. It doesn't feel the same, I worry I'm gonna round off the corner of the cocking tube and with the bolt hold open feature of the UMP it isn't really necessary to lock it "up and open", it's more of an AR-15 reload.

As for B&T, I don't own a APC9 SD Pro yet but I've shot a few...I have yet to shoot the .45 version so I can't offer a 1:1 comparison. Given that they are both straight blowbacks I suspect there wouldn't be a lot of difference, I anticipate the B&T will be a little more streamlined. The APC9 SD is the first thing I've ever fired that comes close to "as good, maybe better" than the MP5 and it definitely beats the MP5SD in all aspects except retro cool.

I never grabbed a MP5SD because they were heavy and the ported barrel limited 9mm ammo options, but when I one day get a APC9 SD Pro, I'll feel like I checked that box.