Thread: RMR 124 gr Nuke JHP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

RMR 124 gr Nuke JHP

I typically load and shoot a soft and very accurate 9MM round, which is an RMR 124 gr FMJ TC loaded over 3.9 gr N320 at 1.09 COL. I love this round as a fun range round that is very accurate (for me) in all my Glocks.

But I decided I needed to build a round that would more closely match the recoil of my typical carry ammo. I bought and loaded some Hornady XTP’s and they shoot fine, but they are kinda pricey for the amount I wanted to load up, so I decided to give the RMR JHP a try. I am very happy with them.

Very accurate and basically same POI as my carry ammo at 15 yards. I can’t really tell difference in recoil either, so I’m happy with the results. Loading this bullet over a near max load of 3N37 at 1.095 COL.

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bull...-jhp-mpr-nuke/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm still hoping for some independent gel tests for this bullet.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    Wow. Those prices are much better than the Zero bullets that I usually buy. I wish they offered a 147gr JHP.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Wow. Those prices are much better than the Zero bullets that I usually buy. I wish they offered a 147gr JHP.
    Yeah. I've had to go all 147 for this SA-35 (Hi Power) I bought. It's miserable to shoot snappy 115s and 124s. I generally scoop up misc pull down bullet batches at Americanreloading.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I might have to scoop some of these 124s to test. I'm still using 124's in my PPQ and Glock 19's, so it might be worth working up a load with them.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    It's a lot better than Hornady 124 XTPs from our local Scheels too. There have been some rumours of 147s becoming available next year. I hope its true.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    147gr JHP's would be great. I hope they have rebated bases like the Zero 147's.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    147gr JHP's would be great. I hope they have rebated bases like the Zero 147's.
    Does that help them seat straighter??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v