Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13” Colt barrel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He did a couple of posts up. $135. Disgusting
    That's the kind of thing that starts a whole new build that you had no earthly plans on doing.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not sure if anyone would remember when I posted pictures of a 6720 conversion kit upper receiver I bought…and returned. Why? Because the FSB seemed to be just chopped (from Colt) instead of cut and rounded, and I was (rightly) worried it wouldn’t fit under a Centurion handguard. Dumbest thing I ever did. Probably two years later, I had cut a FSB base myself, rounded it off, and blued, realizing as Colt production seemed to die off that I had made a blunder.
    So when I saw this, I grabbed it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    $135 shipped

You crafty devil!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He did a couple of posts up. $135. Disgusting
    Indeed it is... its the sort of disgust I need more of in my life!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Indeed it is... its the sort of disgust I need more of in my life!!
    I am sure D Wilson would be more than happy to chop down a 14.5 to 13 for you. But that $135 is a hard pill to swallow. Almost makes me hate him. Almost

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I am sure D Wilson would be more than happy to chop down a 14.5 to 13 for you. But that $135 is a hard pill to swallow. Almost makes me hate him. Almost
    I might see if I can have Monty do one or two. I don't know any of the D Wilson guys.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I might see if I can have Monty do one or two. I don't know any of the D Wilson guys.
    Honest question. What does the 13 get you over the 12.5? I cant imagine the extra half inch brings that much more to the table? Or is it purely for aesthetics? Reason I ask is I tried a 13.8 and it was just a pain the a$$ to build around so I swapped it out for a 14.5. Thinking a 12.5 will be a nice length for my next SBR build but haven't dug into ballistics on it yet. That and I'm kind of in love with my 11.5 at the moment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honest question. What does the 13 get you over the 12.5? I cant imagine the extra half inch brings that much more to the table? Or is it purely for aesthetics? Reason I ask is I tried a 13.8 and it was just a pain the a$$ to build around so I swapped it out for a 14.5. Thinking a 12.5 will be a nice length for my next SBR build but haven't dug into ballistics on it yet. That and I'm kind of in love with my 11.5 at the moment.
    Good question, and you nailed the answer. What I'm looking to do is make a sibling to my RIS II MK18 & GL/SSC, but using the more common RIS II M4A1 rail. I need to figure the length barrel that will just protrude out the front of the rail, yet still allow for a can to be threaded on or flash suppressor to be used. 13" probably isn't the exact size, but it will be close.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honest question. What does the 13 get you over the 12.5?

Please ignore the photoshop representation, but this is what I'm trying to get... or at least something close. The lighter weight barrel and 13" would make something like this even better.

Stick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast